We were there for 2 nights. The room is rustic but it connects perfectly with the surroundings, big, with a huge bathroom and very comfortable.
The other amenities (sauna and thermal pools) are poorly mantained (the mud bath is decrepit), and it looks like it wouldn't hurt them to clean it up a little.
Another thing we didn't like is that on our last dinner the restaurant was packed with part of the service who were dinning next to us at the same tine they were serving, which, for us, was something we had never seen before.
The botanical garden and butterfly garden are amazing and the staff is really friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue River Resort and Hot Springs is an authentic Costa Rica experience in the rainforests of Rincon de la Vieja. Our jewel is the spectacular natural mineral "green" hot spring pools – but that’s just the beginning. There is a large fresh water pool & bullet slide, the spa, botanical gardens, butterfly farm, iguana and frog pond and much more. Set out on several authentic eco Costa Rica adventure tours, all nearby. Eco-tours include visits to gorgeous blue volcanic rivers and waterfalls by horseback, nature walks, volcano hike, zip-lining across waterfalls and much more. The breadth of eco-nature tours will amaze you. Blue River Resort & Hot Springs offers luxury accommodation in new, spacious 720 square foot cabanas. Book your dream Costa Rica vacation! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Ebookers so you can book your Blue River Resort & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Blue River Resort And Hot Springs
- Blue River Resort & Hot Springs Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja