My family and I just returned from a visit to this hotel and I have to disagree with the previous review. We found the hotel staff to be exceptionally nice and helpful, even those who couldn't speak English. The manager was so nice that he personally drove us to the airport at 4 in the morning when the taxi prearranged by our travel agency didn't show up.
The hotel setting and grounds are absolutely stunning. My two kids (ages 6 and 11) loved the horseback riding and swimming pool. I enjoyed the mud bath and we all loved lying in the hammock outside our room each afternoon.
The food is simple but the loin of beef was very good (beef is a Costa Rican speciality) and the rice and chicken is also tasty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hot Springs Spa at Borinquen Mountain Resort is your exclusive vacation spot located in Guanacaste in the North Pacific Region of Costa Rica.The Hotel was designed and created in 1999 with the sole purpose of unlocking the exceptional beauty of the Rincon de la Vieja countryside and bringing it to the world. When you visit Hotel Borinquen you are literally stepping into a world apart. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Borinquen Mountain Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Borinquen Mountain Rincon De La Vieja
- Resort Borinquen Mountain
- Hotel Borinquen Mountain Resort Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja