Senic hikes, waterfalls big enough to swim in, a really inviting natural riverside hot springs where you have the option of slathering yourself with mud, letting it dry and showering off, quiet nights and a helpful staff make this a destination experience. Free shuttles to the national park a bonus. You have one dining choice here: the hotel restaurant in which dinner is very expensive for Costa Rica but adequate. I loved the fresh tortilla station in the morning. I was so taken with watching the process that the woman at the station kindly allowed me to join her and walked me through making a tortilla. Which in no way resembled hers. But I'm working on it. If the bed weren't lumpy I would've given it all five stars. Note: bring a wrap or light jacket for the evenings, you are in the mountains.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja