The hotel is nothing special but it is nice and clean. I would not hesitate to stay here again. For me, if I had been staying more than 2 nights, it would have been too remote. You are in the middle of no where, but we wanted to go to Richon National Park it was a perfect location since it is one of the closest hotels to the entrance. Roads were not paved and were a bit bumpy once you got off the main highway, but it was not as bad as I had been expecting. The restaurant was not great, but it was good. And as others have said there are no other options close by. Highly recommend the Adventure Tour as it is a good deal at around $100, but if you are afraid of heights skip the zip lining, which I know is kind of a no brainer, but thought I would give it a try for once. I absolutely hated it, but my boyfriend and son thought it was excellent. The tubing, horseback riding and hot springs were also very nice. There is a big climb up and down a hill carrying your tubes on each end of the tubing trip, so if you have mobility issues that would make it hard. They don't really offer it but you do have the option to book the tours separately if you don't want to do all things included in the adventure pass. We did book a superior room as it was not that more in cost. I didn't see the regular rooms so I can not recommend on way or the other, but the room was more than spacious enough for the 3 of us and having the hammock out front was great as our son spent most of his downtime hanging out there. It was spotty but did have some wifi access, but no luck sending photos via text since they were too large.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja