Went to Costa Rica last March and stayed in a condo on Playa Portrero for a week. The beach was fabulous as were the people. It's a very laid back place with little to do except relax. Was wonderful. Then we drove to the the National Park at Rincon and stayed at Hacienda de la Guachapilen. We stayed in the newest area but any of the lodging would be fine. Food was fabulous as were the grounds and pool. Hiked with a guide from the Hacienda into the National Rainforest. Well worth it. Had an incredible time in the rainforest that we will remember forever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja