Had a super experience with this all inclusive package. We stayed two
nights, went horse back riding, to the mud/hot springs, hiked in the national park Rincon De La Vieja, tubing down the Rio Negro, and a zip line trip through the canopy. The buffet has lots of fresh fruits
and good vegetable dishes. For me, it was too bland and did not have enough local flavor, but I am sure this appeals to a lot of travelers. Had the sense that they get a lot of European travelers there? It was a great value for all the things we did. The ride up the dirt road to the ranch is bone jarring but thankfully relatively short. All the excursions were super fun. The room was very nice, very quiet. Staff is friendly and helpful. I made use of my pathetic Spanish here, not as many fluent English speakers as you find on the coasts. A gorgeous setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hacienda Guachipelin is a comfortable hotel with 54 rooms, each with private bathroom and hot water. The best Costa Rican ecotourism lodge for adventure travel and nature lovers, located at the entrance of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano National Park. This is the most visited National Park in Guanacaste. For the adventurer, there are many activities like horseback riding, the Canyon canopy tour, Rio Negro Tubing, canyoneering, bird watching, as well as trekking to the crater of Rincon de la Vieja Volcano. Free transportation to the National Park and the hot springs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hacienda Guachipelin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hacienda Guachipelin Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Hacienda Guachipelin Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja