Not a luxury hotel by any stretch but it won our affection somewhat to our surprise. The rooms are spartan with slightly dodgy plumbing, and mealtimes a regime rather than a gourmet experience. However the setting is lovely, feels remote and genuine, and the wildlife is astonishing ( even for Costa Rica); we saw monkeys and coati as well as wonderful bird life and the ubiquitous iguanas and lizards. The trip to the nearby spa was well worthwhile. And best of all the hilltop bar has what must be one of the best views of any bar anywhere. If you don't expect great luxury it's well worth the incredibly rough road approach for a visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Buena Vista Lodge&Adventure is an eco lodge where you can discover the essence of Costa Rica and its natural and cultural richness through authentic experiences in the hillsides of the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano, part of the Guanacaste Conservation Area, UNESCO’s Natural Patrimonial Site of Humanity. Since 1991 it offers a warm-hearted service and hospitality in the Costa Rican traditional style in a rustic environment of a hacienda with 76 comfortable rooms in 3 different categories: Cabins, Lake and Hacienda. BUENA VISTA EXPERIENCE! An experience full of nature, culture, adventure, wellness and sustainability in just one day in one place! … Lovers of ecotourism, the adventurers or who seek wellness and relaxation, learn new cultures, entire families with members of all ages, senior citizens, inclusive tourism… it is accessible to all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Buena Vista Lodge&Adventure reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buena Vista Hotel Rincon De La Vieja
- Buena Vista Lodge&Adventure Costa Rica/Rincon De La Vieja