“My favourite time after time” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard San Jose Campbell

Courtyard San Jose Campbell
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
Toronto, Canada
“My favourite time after time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I had a choice this time, so I chose to stay at this Courtyard property. It was just as what I had expected from Courtyard. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful, and the Bistro has great food. Very please with my stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us! It is a great time of the year to visit us in Northern California with great weather and so many places to visit like Santa Cruz, Monterey, San Francisco and don’t forget Wine Country! I hope all your travels bring you great memories.

Michael McClintock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Oakland, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We spent one Saturday night at the Courtyard San Jose Campbell. Our room was pretty big, very clean and new-looking, and had a comfortable bed. Best part was that even though the hotel is near the highway (very convenient to getting to Santa Cruz and parts of the south bay, and a few minute drive from Santana Row for people eager to shop) the room was very quiet (we never heard our neighbors), and with central air/heat, there was no buzzing AC unit or additional noise. The gym was larger than most hotel gyms and clean - it mainly had treadmills and some weights. All the staff were friendly and check in/check out was very fast. We'd definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Senior Contributor, Thank you for a great response. We are proud of our hotel and staff and hope to serve you again on your next visit. We are located one mile from the Campbell Community Center which has a Olympic size swimming pool, large weight room, tennis courts, hand ball courts and upgraded running track.

Happy Travels
Whittier, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed during the week with my family. Location is great , pretty much right off the fwy but did not hear any street noise. Greeted by some friendly staff. Seems like a newer hotel as decor was modern and up to date. Room was clean and roomy. Beds were very comfy. Visited the pool several times and each time it seemed at a good temp and clean. Had family even comment on how nice everything seemed. Never been to this area before-Campbell is a nice town and centrally located by some nice shopping and restaurants. When we come back we will stay here rather than San Jose.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
I am happy your family had a great time at our hotel and look forward to your next visit. Next time try visiting the Tech Museum of Innovation in San Jose which currently has a Social Robot exhibit which you can build your own robot. We are located at the Hamilton VTA station and quick 10 minute ride to the Tech Museum.

Have Fun

Chico, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed one night by myself here on Saturday, 29 June, in order to attend an event in Los Gatos a few miles away. The rate I paid was $112.50 + tax (AAA rate).

Although this Courtyard is in the suburbs of San Jose in Campbell, and its location isn't particularly noteworthy, it is a fine hotel. It's far from the original low-slung suburban roots of many other Courtyards. Reception, the bistro, and common areas in the lobby are like that of a nice urban hotel.

The building is attractive (seven stories, I believe) and very attractively landscaped with what looked like water-wise plants. Both in the back in the front of the hotel there are tables and chairs to unwind.

Room appointments were very nice and the housekeeping staff was very friendly.

The only thing I got to eat was a latte in the morning, but the breakfasts (very reasonably priced) I saw other guests eating looked tasty and generously sized. A full bar and a number of beers on taps are real pluses.

Santa Clara Valley's light rail system's Hamilton Avenue station is steps from the hotel, so this would make a fine lower-cost alternative to staying at a downtown San Jose hotel since it's a short light-rail ride downtown from here, yet hotel parking is free.

Driving notes: Access to Hwy. 17 is very close by. If it's a summer weekend and you're headed to Los Gatos use the surface arterial streets (Bascom Avenue or Winchester Blvd) as Hwy. 17 can be snarled with Santa Cruz-bound traffic.

Runner's note: the Los Gatos Creek Trail goes close by the hotel from where you can run toward downtown San Jose or toward Los Gatos. Ask a hotel employee to point out where it is because it is not obvious from the hotel, yet it is very close. I ran to Los Gatos High and back, about 13 miles along a nice trail. It was a very hot day, and when I got back to the hotel I asked the front desk clerk if I could charge a bottle of water from the self-serve cabinets adjacent to reception and he said they were free for runners. Thank you! (That was the best bottle of water I've had in a long time.)

The only odd thing is the layout of the parking lot which is due to the shape of the land on which the hotel and lot sit, but it's a minor detail and once you're used to it it's not a big deal.

I give this hotel high marks. It's a fine operation.

Room Tip: I was on the sixth floor but other than a higher floor it didn't seem that being on a lower floo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
Thank you for the Great Review! We love runners and find that we have a great location next to the Los Gatos Creek trail for daily workouts with fitness stations along the way to Santa Cruz Mountains. We look forward to your future visits.

Monterey, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I'm giving this hotel 1 star only because of one reason: this hotel has absolutely no cell service with AT&T. Of coarse it not the hotels issue but they could invest in a cell booster. Everyone I talked to at the hotel had the same issue. Once you entered the hotel you had zero service.
The hotel was clean the staff was great and the price was reasonable. But come on-no freaken cell service??? How can a hotel in this day and age how no cell service and the slowest Internet service.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
I am sorry for the cell phone service you experienced at our hotel. We have contacted AT&T and they are working on their nearest cell tower to increase local service to our area.

Martinez, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My (senior) parents stayed one night at the hotel and looked forward to a good breakfast the next morning. They were so disappointed with the service and the food. The Canadian bacon was the size of a 50 cent piece (for those of you who know what those are). They were very skimpy with their food. The service was terrible. The servers never brought their toast until my mom had to get up and ask for it. The waitress said "she forgot"! Here are two 80 year olds, you would think you would give them a little extra slack. Booooo for the restaurant and the service.

Overall the hotel was fine and served their needs.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
I am sorry we fell short on providing stellar service for your parents. We pride ourselves in taking care of family members in our care and we know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We will have a sit down meeting with our staff to review your comments and learn from our mistakes.

Brentwood, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

My wife and I took our two nieces, ages 8 and 10, on a three day trip. This was our first stop and they LOVED the pool. A really good size going from 3 ft to 5 ft deep. It also had a hot tub. No complaints about the room itself.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I am very happy your kids enjoyed the pool! Don't forget to ask for our noodle floats for more childhood memories.