Courtyard San Jose Campbell
  • Breakfast included
Bristol Hotel(Campbell)
Studios Inn(San Jose)
View Hotel
All reviewstypical courtyardfree valet servicemarriott courtyardmemorial servicevolleyball tournamentweight roomlos gatos creek trailsmoke detectorfront desk stafffine hotelparking garage isnightly ratenice lobbyfreeway accesspleasant staynice propertyhot water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 January 2014

I have to admit that this was not my first choice in hotels for this trip but am glad I stayed here. The staff was great, friendly and knowledgeable. The rooms were clean, updated and bright. The cafe in the lobby had a really good menu and the food fresh.

If you find yourself in Campbell or anywhere nearby and need a comfortable stay, you can count on this Courtyard!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We have passed along your kudos to our team.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a good part of the last week as part of our family Thanksgiving celebration. We really liked this hotel and there are only two small faults, one which the hotel personnel have nothing to do with: 1) it is located next to a freeway just north of an electrical plant and getting to local restaurants etc. really requires a car and familiarity with the region [no problem in our case, but I can see it being bothersome]; 2) ticky tack I admit, but every Marriott Elite member should receive a gift at check in and we did not; 3) there was an issue with not being able to make Starbucks coffee as advertised, that should be fixed. But as the late great Chick Hearn used to say during his basketball play-by-play [heavy L.A. Laker reference for you!] "no harm...no foul." Here is why...this is a great hotel!

1. It is only 3 years old and was constructed to current Marriott Courtyard specs rather than the noisy remodel you see at other Courtyard properties. Hip lounge area with lots of light and some minimalist touches etc.
2. The bed is awesome, plush, firm but much like a Tempu-pedic memory foam. Absolutely wonderful sleep each night. Also the room was extra-clean, spacious & with working + free internet. Also the shower was spacious, modern and had satisfactory water pressure.
3. Maid service available up until 3:00 pm if requested, many places do not do this any longer. As late night travelers we deeply appreciate this quality.
4. Extra friendly staff all willing to help and at minimum engage in genuine discourse and helpful instructions. "A+" staff...Marriott should be proud!
5. Extra parking lot for overflow, we really liked this because we stayed during T-Day and they were sold out two of three nights.
6. Temperature controls are excellent, changes from "warm" to "toasty" to "cool" happen immediately and without alot of excess noise.
7. TV is a flat screen with HD channels....wonderful especially for ESPN fans!

Many more plusses than the picayune minuses....excellent place and you will want to return the next time you are in the area (we will!).

Room Tip: Funny but we didn't even notice being by the freeway or the light rail, I think you will be satisfied with any room.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for all the great comments about our hotel and we will work on the suggestions for better results for future guests. I love your Chick Hearn comment but my favorite one is “As cool as the other side of the Pillow”. I hope that your future travels find us again.

Reviewed 21 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel from November 15th thru November 18th 2013. I'm a local resident and stayed here while we had home repairs done. I was impressed as soon as I walked in. The hotel staff were extremely pleasant and the hotel had a nice appearance as it is a relatively new hotel. The guest room was very spaciousness and clean. We requested a refrigerator and microwave and they were able to accommodate with no extra charge. It was a big plus that the hotel had an on site laundry room with complimentary soap and dryer sheets, and I only needed to provide my quarters for the machines. The only downfalls are no adjustable shower head and no complimentary continental breakfast. Nice stay-cation and I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for responding with your kind words about our hotel. It sounded like you had a productive stay with us with lots of clean laundry ready to take back home. For future guests you can adjust your shower spray by a little value located behind the shower head. I hope if you have any future home improvements please give us a call.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

So I've had the opportunity two of the last three weekends to do a sort of "staycation." I had free nights with Marriott and we decided to just go stay locally at a hotel and enjoy the amenities and use our free nights before they expired. So we stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Campbell. First off the location is great, it's one stop from downtown Campbell where by favorite pizza place (Blue Line Pizza) is located. Also, it's walking distance to the Pruneyard, where my husbands favorite nacho place.

As for the hotel, there is nothing "extraordinary" about it... it's a Courtyard. It's nice, clean and service is adequate. The beds were great for me, but husband thought they were too hard. The pool area looks bigger in the picture and with the wall around it and next to the building, there is limited time in which the sun is actually over the pool.

A couple of suggestions to the hotel:
1. It would be nice to have Pool Service. The Marriott Resort down south had a telephone by the pool so that you could order drinks and they'd be delivered. This would be a good idea here.
2. You need to tell people about the landscaping sprinklers at night. My car had hard water stains on it the next day. I had to go get them buffed out (just cleaning wouldn't remove them). This was HUGE negative for me!!!! HUGE!!!

Room Tip: Try to get a higher floor. We had one on the 6th floor and one on the 3rd floor. Both were facing the back of the hotel. The third floor room had too much noise from the people in the patio smoking.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A W
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for staying with us and cashing in your points! Little weekend vacations are great to recharge and get away from the daily grind. I am sorry I do not provide pool service but I do have a fully stocked market located next to the pool for easy access. I have contacted our landscaping company and they have made adjustments to our sprinkler system to prevent further damage to other cars.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

First time staying here.Enjoyed this place,excellent weight room,pool and spa were great.really enjoyed the fire pit.Can't wait to stay here again!ordered food from the Bistro chicken sand and a french dip it was the best sandwiches.The staff was all very friendly.Parking would be my only complaint.

Room Tip: Enjoyed our corner room on the 3rd floor.higher up would of been nice to
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel. We are heading into that time of year where sitting out by the fire place enjoying a cocktail is about as good as it gets when traveling. I hope your future travels finds us again.