“Great Business Hotel”

Courtyard San Jose Campbell
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I do a lot of business travel, so I generally know what to expect from a Marriott Courtyard: Clean, comfortable, and some sort of workspace with desk for my computer. This particular hotel is on par with the level of quality and service that I have experienced and expect from the Courtyard brand.

Bottom line, if I have to travel back to the area, I would have absolutely no problem staying here again. (I believe it ran $250 / night)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Hello BfromChicago,

Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel. We love business travelers and have been designed by business travelers to meet there needs. I hope you had time to relax and enjoy the area while you were here because this is the time of year when the weather is great!

Travel safe,

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This Courtyard had a relaxed atmosphere on the main floor with lots of tables for eating, visiting, reading, etc. The outdoor fire pit and chairs were nice in the evening. I liked the desktop computers for free use, but the outdoor pool was only about 3-4 strokes in length. We enjoyed the quiet room on the 5th floor which had a window that opened for fresh air and a quiet air conditioner. The bathroom was fine except that the shower door was situated so that you had to stand IN the shower in order to turn it on, getting an unwelcome blast of cold water while you waited for the warm. I would have preferred a simple bottle of free chilled, inexpensive water in the frig, to the $5 lukewarm water offered on the bathroom counter. Front desk and housekeeping personnel were friendly and very helpful. It was fun walking down to the Pruneyard for shopping and dining and a Trader Joe's. However, I wouldn't go alone at night.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Greetings Anne,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. I hope our location served you well and allowed you time to relax. You pointed out that we are walking distance to the Prune yard shopping center but I would add that we are one VTA stop away from Downtown Campbell with many dining options and fun shopping. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This Courtyard really surprised me. Hotel is close to many dining options, as well as downtown Campbell, and was easy to get to during my travels in the southern Bay area. The room was very clean and quiet. I found the staff to be very friendly, always taking time to acknowledge me each time I walked past someone. While I only ate in the lobby one morning, I found it to be just fine for what you would expect in a hotel breakfast. This hotel is staying on my list for my San Jose visits.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel and staff! We feel that our location is perfect for that traveler that wants to explore the area. You can get to many beautiful Northern California spots within an hour. We hope your next getaway finds us again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed at many Marriott Hotels in the area and it one is very good. The Marriott downtown San Jose was twice the price for the time I stayed and I had a great experience at this location. Check in was quick and professional and bar and food options were adequate. The hotel is close to downtown Campbell and I found many restaurant options at night. I would recommend this Courtyard and will be back in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank smithjason35

Greetings,

Thank you for the kind comments about our hotel and staff! We know you have choices and we welcome the privilege to serve you. I hope your future travels find us again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

The Courtyard San Jose Campbell is a decent chain hotel south of San Jose. It is a good location if you are visiting Campbell, Los Gatos, Cupertino, Santa Clara, or even San Jose proper. The Hamilton light rail station is also within easy walking distance. Other than that, there is not much to say; the hotel is a typical representative of the Courtyard budget hotel chain.
The room was very spacious and very clean with free wifi. There is a fridge in the room, but it is not stocked (i.e., no mini bar). The bottle of water that many hotels throw in as a complimentary item costs a whopping $5 at the Courtyard. There is even a swimming pool (but I didn't have time to try it).
The hotel is located right next to an electric power transformation substation, so if you're queasy about electromagnetic radiation the Courtyard may not be for you. Otherwise, the Courtyard San Jose Campbell is an okay choice if you're just visiting or have business in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Raner,

Thank you for taking the time to comment about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard San Jose Campbell was enjoyable and your room felt clean and organized.

Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

We do have many drink choices down in our lobby Market which are affordable and easy to stock your frig with!

I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is our place when we come to San Jose to see our family, which is usually 3 times a year. It is so convenient to everywhere we visit in the area. The Prune Yard shopping center is right next door and a wonderful place. Our hotel rooms are always spotless when we arrive and we have plenty of room to unpack and store our gear. On the main floor is a wonderful cafeteria style restaurant with oh so good breakfast choices and tasty sandwiches for later. You cannot go wrong staying at this beautiful hotel and it so nice to have the staff in the lobby remember us when we arrive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Greetings,

Thank you for choosing us again when visiting your family! We love having regulars that become family over time. We hope you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is clean, has great wifi. But if you've come off a long flight and hope to get room service or even in hotel dining you'll be disappointed.

I landed on a weekend at lunch time . Utterly starving and exhausted . No room service and no restaurant open. It's a short walk to lots of restaurants but that's the last thing you want to do after a long trip.

So if you stay here bring snacks. When the diner in the lobby is open the food is not bad.

Very clean, friendly staff and convenient for work.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Greetings,

I am sorry we did not meet your needs after a full day of traveling. Our Bistro has limited hours of operations but does provide fresh food items for our market which is open 24hrs a day. Our goal is to provide requested service to meet guest needs even when we are closed in the Bistro, I hope you will give us another try to win back your trust.