“Would stay here again”

Courtyard San Jose Campbell
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
“Would stay here again”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Great location near everything! I flew into SJ airport and it was a 10 minute drive to the hotel. There's a lot of places to eat within a 5 minute drive. An hour from Santa Cruz 1:30 from SF(with good traffic). As far as the hotel goes it was super clean my bed was comfortable the staff was friendly and professional. Free parking and wi-fi which was nice. My only complaint would be the gym didn't have enough equipment to get a good workout in. But that's just me being picky. If your looking for a place to stay in the bay and you see this hotel for a good price book it immediately.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank MartianManhunter24
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Greetings,

We thank you for a great review of our hotel! We love to serve our guests and hope to do it again on your next visit. I will share your comments with our staff and hope all your travels bring you many memories.

Michael McClintock

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Napa, California
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed here. It was easy to find (right off the highway). There is nothing near here, though (just an electric station and the highway), but one can easily drive to something in 5 mins.

A clean room with two queen beds cost a total of $233 on a Sun. night (a tad pricey even for 3 in a room!). Wifi worked great, the shower was spacious (no tub), and the mini-fridge came in handy to keep my yogurt cool.

The $5 bottles of water in the room were a tad ridiculous (at the price of $233 a night, I expected some free water!). Additionally, the shampoo and conditioner bottles were hilarious because they were so tiny. Nice choice of Paul Mitchell brand, but for 3 people, we could have used 3 bottles (each bottle is about the size of my thumb!).

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dooglebug
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for commenting about our hotel and its offerings. We do have a central location near many attractions and an easy drive to the San Jose Airport. I am sorry some of our in-room amenities were not enough for 3 guests. I hope when you stay with us again we can deliver more supplies to better meet all your expectations.

Michael McClintock / GM
Utah
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This Courtyard is right off the freeway. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms very modern -good size and clean, and it had a nice food service bar which you had to pay. But for a Category 4 Marriott hotel this has to be one of the best. The pool is average in size but nice enough to do laps. It and the jacuzzi have handicap lifts if you need it. I don't. A big exercise room. And there are some restaurants nearby but research them before you come. To get gas - go east down Hamilton to the Shell station a mile down the road. The hotel is two blocks from Ebay Hdqtrs and a short ride on the freeway to Apple Hdqtrs. Neither which I was there for but I drove by just for fun. Apple has a store but parking is problematic. Overall I give a big thumbs up!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the freeway.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Greetings,

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay! We do think we have a perfect setup for business travelers and we are central to must areas of Silicon Valley. We hope your future travels find us again.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for business travel. The hotel is standard Marriott Courtyard - clean rooms with a couch, desk, and minifrig. Hotel is located in a very convenient , safe location near major highways and various chain restaurants and shops (a CVS is across the street, which came in handy). Wi-fi came with the room. Very affordable but not necessarily in the most fun or scenic location (a power grid was outside). Nice lobby with lots of chairs and private tables for meeting and reading, some of which have their own TV that you can control. No room service, but there is a bistro with limited food choices on the lobby floor. I'd recommend going out to eat if you have the time and skipping the bistro. Hotel has a very small pool and exercise room. My room didn't have a bath (only a walk-in shower) - not sure if that is true of all rooms or just the part of the hotel where I stayed. Bottom line is I would recommend it, particularly for business travel, and for guests who value price over amenities and over being in a fun location.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a bath, ask. My room only had a shower.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Worldtraveler2882
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you travel a lot and know what you like when staying in hotels. We do have some bathtubs in 20 of our guest rooms upon request. I hope your future travels find us again.

Brisbane, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed at the Courtyard San Jose Campbell this past weekend to attend my sister's wedding in the Santa Cruz mountains. I looked at the hotels in my price range in Santa Cruz, and the mountain towns off Highway 17 and quickly realized they were either no where I would put me or my family or so overpriced as to be ridiculous.
We found the compromise in this hotel. Very easy on and off Highway 17, very affordable and a nice bistro with breakfast options. Super close to highways 85 and 280 too.
The King room was very nice, clean and modern, though not very spacious. The room we had was at the end of the hall, and was very quiet.
Also, housekeeping saw we had used the sofa bed for our 10-year old daughter on our first night, so when we returned on our second night, to find it made up and ready for her was a nice touch that we appreciated. The pool and hot tub were very clean, and we'd wished we'd had more time to enjoy both.
I would stay here again without question and would recommend this for families and business travelers alike.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rachel E
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Rachel E,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a very nice review! Our team here at the Courtyard enjoy serving others and find great satisfaction knowing you had a wonderful stay. We hope to see you again soon.

Chicago
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I do a lot of business travel, so I generally know what to expect from a Marriott Courtyard: Clean, comfortable, and some sort of workspace with desk for my computer. This particular hotel is on par with the level of quality and service that I have experienced and expect from the Courtyard brand.

Bottom line, if I have to travel back to the area, I would have absolutely no problem staying here again. (I believe it ran $250 / night)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello BfromChicago,

Thank you for posting your comments about our hotel. We love business travelers and have been designed by business travelers to meet there needs. I hope you had time to relax and enjoy the area while you were here because this is the time of year when the weather is great!

Travel safe,

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This Courtyard had a relaxed atmosphere on the main floor with lots of tables for eating, visiting, reading, etc. The outdoor fire pit and chairs were nice in the evening. I liked the desktop computers for free use, but the outdoor pool was only about 3-4 strokes in length. We enjoyed the quiet room on the 5th floor which had a window that opened for fresh air and a quiet air conditioner. The bathroom was fine except that the shower door was situated so that you had to stand IN the shower in order to turn it on, getting an unwelcome blast of cold water while you waited for the warm. I would have preferred a simple bottle of free chilled, inexpensive water in the frig, to the $5 lukewarm water offered on the bathroom counter. Front desk and housekeeping personnel were friendly and very helpful. It was fun walking down to the Pruneyard for shopping and dining and a Trader Joe's. However, I wouldn't go alone at night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
michaelm13, General Manager at Courtyard San Jose Campbell, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Greetings Anne,

Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff. I hope our location served you well and allowed you time to relax. You pointed out that we are walking distance to the Prune yard shopping center but I would add that we are one VTA stop away from Downtown Campbell with many dining options and fun shopping. We hope to see you again soon.