“Very comfortable, nice Frank Lloyd Wright atmosphere”

Larkspur Landing Campbell
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Campbell
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Hotel room is very nice, affordable for California and the quality of the Hotel. The breakfast needs seriously to be revisited, no place to sit, long line, half of the item missing, Parking will be full if you come back too late, and you might have to park elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
LLCAMPBELL, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Dear OlivierABQ,

Thank you so much for staying at the Larkspur Landing Campbell, we also love your observation of the craftsman-style design and the reference to Frank Lloyd Wright is on spot. a bit reminiscing of his Fallingwater home.

Since you survey we have requested from our food distributor to increase the delivery times to twice a week to keep up with the demands of the property.

Due to the high demand of the hotel even in the weekend sometimes parking becomes limited but we are trying different methods of relieving this issue including a negotiation with the Jack in The Box next-door.
Thank you once again for staying with us and should you need any assistance in future reservation please let us know how we can assist you.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

Not the best, not the worst.

Bed was ok, blanket and sheets was nice.
Fully equipped kitchens
living room areas feature oversized desks where you can work and think,because there is not a ton to do at this hotel.
Complimentary wireless Internet access, iPod docking station and a flat screen LCD TV with a DVD player.
Continental breakfast is free.

Gym: was ok, used it a few times, fill your water bottles up here!!! Otherwise they charge you $2.00 per bottle in room. (we just went to the gas station and bought a 2gallon jug and just kept filling it in the gym, there is a water station here)

No Pool, there is a hot tub, but it can only fit maybe 4-5 people without touching each other.

My Cons: (why you should not stay)

We stayed for a wedding, was not held here.... The bride and groom got there wallet/phone stolen right in there room, was caught on camera. Police are investigating, but we know how that all goes. We got a rental car and pretty sure someone hit our door....

Rates were high for the type of hotel.

If you have to stay, be careful of your things... That is all.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jessica_schmidt3
LLCAMPBELL, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear jessica_schmidt3,

It’s disconcerting to hear about what your friends experienced during such an important time in their life. The safety and security of our guest is of the utmost importance to every one of our staff, we do all we can to the extent of our capabilities to ensure that our guests have a safe, enjoyable and memorable stay.
The majority of our staff has been at this very hotel for 10-13+ years and has demonstrated a level of honesty that can be found in a reputable establishment such as the Larkspur Landing group of hotels, they are trustworthy and hard working.
We welcome the opportunity to see you once again the next time you are in the Campbell area and allow us the opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

One thing I like about the room Is that you signed an agreement to be quiet. I love that when you Travel alone. The one thing that I was disappointed in. was the shower The bathtub plug was broken. And, the bathtub chipped. You could see little fixes that they tried to fix in the bathroom. But, other than that the room was nice. The room I stayed in was 132. Which was next to the rooms allow dogs. If you don't mind seeing a big dog walking down the hall. Then stay in the lower level. I don't understand why people travel with dogs.

Room Tip: Stay in the second floor if you don't like dogs
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
LLCAMPBELL, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Dear KevIn-Jennifer,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we understand that our guests would appreciate a quiet well-rested night and as such we take an extra step to ensure that if our guests are staying with us that they not disturb our other guests.

We make every effort in maintaing every aspect of the suites in working order and it brings me great pleasure to tell you that the bath plug has been repaired.

thank you once again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future :-).

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I have stayed here on numerous business trips and vacation trips from 2010 to May 2013. The rooms are comfortable, the location is handy to Rt. 17 and Old Town Campbell as well as to the San Tomas Expressway. I have always experienced friendly and helpful staff, quiet quarters, and a pleasant free breakfast. If you want a gourmet restaurant, go elsewhere. My girlfriend and I just completed a vacation stay here, and she remarked that she would like to move in.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Wallace W,

It brings us great joy every time we get reviews such as the one you have written, they re-energize the staff and reminds us that we are doing great things for our valued guests. We are aware that there is always room for improvement but this gives us an incentive to continue the path.
Our loyal guest such as yourself; are true testament that the kind of service people should expect from us is what we provide.
Should you need personal assistance when booking your stay next time you are in the Campbell area please do not hesitate to give us a call and we will be more than happy to help you!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

This appeared in a package deal with a car, and even though the low price scared me a little, reviews were good so I went for it. Great choice. Even though it was just after noon, they found me a quiet room, and i was pleasantly surprised to find free washers & dryers (detergent only $1), a huge bonus, as I had just finished 2 weeks in Asia, and still had a week ahead of me in SF.

Big rooms, good internet, free parking, easy-to-find location, and a nice breakfast, as well as cheerful and helpful staff. In fact, after I did my laundry, I left a shirt by mistake, and after a couple failed attempts to FedEx it to my hotel in SF, the manager actually offered to personally DRIVE my shirt up to my SF hotel. Crazy! Of course I would not allow it, but that OTT service gets remembered.

So next time I am in SJ area, I'll be back.

Room Tip: Nope- I want to make sure I get mine
1  Thank Terrygrim3

Dear Terrygrim3,

Thank you very much for your review of the Larkspur Landing Campbell, and for finding the property pleasant and that we were able to meet your needs.

It makes our job expecially enjoyable when guests such as your self are understanding and patient. Offering to personally deliver your items was the least we could do because of the delay.

we hope that the next time you come to the Campbell area you'll allow us the opportunity to serve you. Thank you once again and we wish you safe travels!

Reviewed 3 May 2013

My wife and I spent two weeks here taking care of business. The property is sharp with easy parking and a convenient location if you need to be in the area. Rooms are nicely decorated and comfortable, especially the bedding. Free movie channels and wifi are always appreciated. The staff consistently go out of their way to be accommodating.
A great deal for the price.

Dear KJ,

Thank you so much for your comment, we truly appreciate when our guest see the value in staying at our Larkspur Landing Campbell property when visiting the southbay. We are glad that you appreciate the Craftman Style design cues and the Featherborne Mattress that is aim to give you a comfortable night-sleep.

Our sole purpose is to provide the kind of service people have come to expect from the Larkspur Brand. we hope that next time you are in the area you will choose us for your hotel accomodations.

Reviewed 29 April 2013

The hotel was clean, very nice looking and best of all Aaren, the front desk employee was very helpful, kind and accommodating. Great breakfast bar, friendly environment, easy access. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
LLCAMPBELL, Front Office Manager at Larkspur Landing Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Dear SC,

I would first like to thank you for staying with us at the Larkspur Landing Campbell, your comfort is our priority and we appreciate any feedback about how we are doing. It brings me great pleasure to know that Aaren is doing her best to exceed any expectation and it shows according to your comment!

We welcome the oportunity to see you in the near future, should you have any questions please contact the hotel and we would be more than happy to assist you.