TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell
US$290
Hotels.com
US$246
US$239
Larkspur Landing Campbell(Campbell)(Great Value!)
US$219
Courtyard San Jose Campbell(Campbell)(Great Value!)
US$442
  • Breakfast included
The Row Hotel(San Jose)
US$555
US$529
All reviewsextended staywalking distance to downtownlos gatos creek trailvisit family in the areamarriott chainpet policybusy freewaywhole foodsone bedroom suiteroom was very clean and comfortablesilicon valleyan upgradebreakfast was includedfree parkinghotel staffnice staywould definitely stay here again
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed two years ago and were happy to stay again. The park behind the hotel, which is so easy to access, makes it an ideal location to stay, especially with kids because of the playground. Our room was nice, the cleaning ladies were great. We all slept really well. Unfortunately my husband, like the previous reviewer, also had a strange run-in with the manager, which is a long boring story, but basically when he checked in she was mad the we had moved from two rooms to one room 48 hours prior. It was totally on the up-and-up; we did it through a very sweet clerk who answered the phone there, but the manager was clearly upset and insinuated that we were trying to cheat them. So that got our stay off to a bad start, but we were there for four nights and had no other issues. PS on Sundays there is a great farmer's market just down the street (a walk to the left when you leave the parking lot) and that is also the direction of a Starbucks and lots of cute shops in downtown Campbell.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank crazyandcrazier
TPSCampbellSales, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Ms. Crazyandcrazier,

Thank you for the terrific feedback about my cleaning staff and the nice room. I really appreciate it.

I apologize that your husband gave you some incorrect information about his check-in experience. The issue was that he had more than 5 people that he was trying to check into a two bedroom, which has a maximum of 5 people. He addmitted that you canceled the 2nd room (a one bedroom that has a maximum of 4 people), because of a financial issue. The fact that you canceled the room was not issue. The issue at check-in was the number of people that he was trying to check into the two bedroom suite. I let him know that I could not check him into the maximum 5 person room with the number of people that he was registering.

Again, I am sorry that you heard that the issue was anything else but the number of people that he admitted he was going to have in the room.

Thank you again for posting your feedback on our hotel.

Jill

Reviewed 7 April 2013

Oh my! What a visit. Never before have WE been treated so poorly by a Marriott property. First day arrival was delayed due to snow storm from home base. Had advance rate and thought possibly they would give me some slack on rate? No way. Rate went from 144. a night to 269.00 or 196. Depending on who one spoke with,Marriott CS or property management. I was told by CS that once I arrived I should speak to manager. First day a Monday she was not in. Second day, asked to speak with general manager, desk clerk nervously asked if SHE could help and I said no I would like to speak to manager, who was right behind her!! Seriously! This woman was frantically filing papers , and only after I asked the third time SHE spun around and said she had NO TIME to speak with me she was heading to a meeting! That I would have to make an appt. I explained I was working locally and did not have the luxury to schedule a time during her working hours. She proceeded to degrade me in front of the clerk. We classified you as a no show! Your card was declined blah blah blah. I walked away stating I would like to remind her I am the customer. Plus we, my husband and I would tell both companies we work for to never stay there. It gets better ( I know WHY did I stay? ) first night dogs barking I reported. Second night from about 11pm to midnight maintenance could not get a patron out of their room ( locked door) had to call the fire dept to get him out!! The manager left a message on my vm in the room, her second the first was a sarcastic one regarding the late arrival. This one was to apologize for the noise all night. The third night a loud shrill was coming from some where I called the desk, they would have maintenance check. I finally found a maintenance man in the hall he stated they had turned the water off during the day and there was air in the pipes. Last day there was dirty towels left behind the tv. The straw that has broke the camels back is that we are platinum , this site had the nerve to not give us our points. Once we asked why THE manager emailed us with again another sarcastic letter. We have now requested that this woman leave us alone. Why wouldn't customer support defend US on this. I have called to report these issues. My husband has called and written to no avail. We have been very loyal and insist on staying at Marriott properties all over the world. We are truly questioning that loyalty when in the past month we have been treated so poorly.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EdandMags
TPSCampbellSales, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2013

I am very sorry that you did not have a good stay with us. As I have notified you in the past, Marriott Rewards Points are for the member only and points are not posted when the spouse travels without the member. Membership belongs to a person and not the marriage. You mentioned your issue with our rates. Marriott does not do any side deals on rates. You called the hotel and asked us to check you into your room the night that you were affected by the weather. We were sold out and you wanted us to hold the room for you. We could not sell that room, because you asked us to check you in. The next day, you wanted a discount on your stay. You booked the $144 and that is what we charged you. Again, I am sorry you did not have a great stay.

Reviewed 29 January 2013

We've been staying here for four years while we visit our grand children. With the new updates its even nicer than before. The staff are all gracious and helpful. My wife came down with the flu on one visit and they had a "sick basket" that they gave her that was a god sent. The rooms are always clean, well maintained, while the breakfast my be modest it is more than adequate. We've had to stay at a couple of other locations near by when we couldn't get a reservation here and for more money none of then offer the friendly staff, clean rooms and well maintained facilities.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Klamath87
TPSCampbellSales, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

I hope everyone is healthy now. I am sorry that your wife feel ill while she was here.

Thank you for all of the kind words about the staff. We all appreciate it. I am very happy to hear that you like our newly renovated rooms, dining room, gym and lobby. We spent over 1/2 million dollars on the new look.

Yes, we have a grab and go breakfast and it does not include anything hot. See details below on another guest's response for a list of items on our breakfast.

Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

This is a good, clean place to stay in Campbell. No frills, but they DO serve a modest breakfast in a nice little dining area along E. Campbell Ave and the Creek. One thing that bothered me was the Housekeeper who "hovered" in the dining area (we ate towards the gtial end of breakfast) and, as she put things away, made sure to slam cupboard doors (doesn't anyone close them by holding the handles anymore??). We were annoyed by her rudeness. This is also a hotel that charges a "holding" fee if you use your debit card to pay for your room. The location is great, next to a running trail along the creek, close to a park, close to Pruneyard (across street and one block down), close to Historic Downtown Campbell, thus you can park your car and walk. They are pet friendly, rooms can be on the small side unless you ask for an "accessible" or bigger room.

You may want to consider bringing your own pillow, I found the mattress and pillow a little uncomfortable, but nothing terrible.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
TPSCampbellSales, General Manager at TownePlace Suites San Jose Campbell, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2013

SledMan,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback.

I am sorry that you felt that the Breakfast Attendant was rushing you. We just completed our Activity Room renovation and yes, the cabinets are loud when you close them. I will put some of the fabric stoppers on them to quiet them down.

No hotels charge a holding fee. Every bank that issues a debit card takes the card holder's money out the moment that the card is authorized. Every hotel, car rental and gas station authorizes the customer's card during the purchase transaction. Please contact your bank to see how long they hold your money. Hotels do not hold any money. This debit card transaction is between you and your bank. Hotels charge at the end of the stay and that is when we collect our money.

Finally, as part of our renovation, we did replace every mattress and every pillow. I am sorry that you thought that these were uncomfortable. There are two down and two foam queen pillows on every bed.

I apologize that you thought our studio suite was small. Unfortunately, our accessible rooms are the same size as our studio suites. The only way to get a larger room is to reserve a one bedroom or a two bedroom suite.

Thank you again for your review and your feedback.

Jill Facciolla
General Manger

Reviewed 27 September 2012

I noticed right away how clean this place was! The staff was great and very welcoming! My suite was very cute.. it was just the perfect little getaway for my friends and I! Location is perfect, just right down the street from the Pruneyard. I would definitely recommend TownPlace Suites to anyone looking for a great stay in Campbell!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends