This is the first time we (2 families with 2 teenage sons each) have been to Niseko. I was worried that this hotel may not exactly be ski-in/ski-out and the rooms may be too small.
Theis hotel absolutely offers convenient ski-in/ski-out ; from the ski centre (just next to the reception/check-in area), put on your skis and go straight down (a VERY gentle slope - I would've preferred slightly steeper to avoid a little bit of pushing) to the Banzai chair. The top of the Banzai chairlift will then allow you to ski to any other place on the mountain and if you buy the all-mountain pass, then you have access to 4 ski resorts and all their runs.
The ski rental facilities and the lockers for your gear are extremely convenient and good ; what a relief to be able to out on (and take off) all our gear just 30 seconds from the slopes !
The other great thing about this hotel (and not to be missed) l is the Onsen with an indoor Onsen and a fantastic outdoor Onsen where you can be one with nature !
Dining choices at this hotel is limited (there is only one real restaurant at the hotel) but the breakfast choice and quality is reasonable. However, there are lots of convenient choices by shuttle bus or by ski to other restaurants (5 mins away is the Crab shack) like the Hilton hotel (good reasonably priced lunch buffet) or indeed 15 minutes to the town of Hirafu.
The biggest gripe I have is wi-fi speed in my room - it's very poor but we found that if we go to the vending machine area on our floor (5th floor), the speed is pretty good. Service at this hotel is also friendly, prompt and helpful so absolutely no complaints in this area.
Overall, I would absolutely recommend this hotel especially given its facilities, it's price and the service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the base of Mount Niseko An'nupuri in Hokkaido, Japan, The Green Leaf Niseko Village is contemporarily redesigned to embrace the creative touch of renowned local artists.This 200-room hotel provides ski-in ski-out accommodation at the base of Niseko Village ski area, complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel, a spa, authentic onsen, with access to the world's finest powder snow.Each Deluxe King room inter-connects to a Deluxe Twin room, allowing flexibility for families, and features views of ski slopes and Mt. Yotei. Goshiki serves an international and Japanese fusion buffet, local seafood and seasonal Hokkaido produce. Lively and comfortable, Tomioka White Lounge features a signature fireplace and bar to enjoy cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Rakuten, Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Green Leaf Niseko Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Green Leaf Niseko Village Hotel Niseko-Cho
- Hilton International Niseko Cho
- Prince Hotel Niseko