“My Expectations were met; Surprisingly, at a reasonable price!”
Review of Alaska Inn

Alaska Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Metulla
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Spent there five nights in late November, the service was great. They were straight forward and helpful. I got in really late on the first evening and the Chef (Kushi) personally went out of his way past midnight to make me some French toast- even though he was off shift, and the kitchen was closed.

The room was basic, but all was functional and very clean. Given the reasonable price I actually consider it a barging. I would definitely return. Nevertheless, I would recommend coming in the spring or summer as it does get chilly in the evening up there in Metula.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed at Alaska Inn for 5 nights, Very comforting atmosphere. Staff was very generous, Rooms had exactly all I needed, comfortable bed, good shower, a fridge and all I needed for coffee.
Food was good, I personally enjoyed it.
It is amazing for me to see how such a big hotel is run with only 4 constant Staff members, Seemed like those guys never rested.

Room Tip: Only seen a standard room, so I wouldnt be able to advise others, but My room had a great bed, showe...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Roy-199190
Reviewed 5 November 2013

My wife and I stayed in Metula's Alaska Inn two weeks ago on the weekend (17-19.10).

The hotel staff was very friendly and accomodating.

The rooms were clean and spacious (we stayed in the suite).

Breakfast was included within the cost for the suite, we were a bit worried about the food options since we are vegan, but we asked the hotel owner if the food prepared was vegan friendly and asked the kitchen staff to make something special just for us, really great service.

The hotel also had a special observation deck on its' top floor which showcased Metula's spectacular view.

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ron e
Reviewed 25 June 2013

This year my family and I decided to give a try: Passover not at home.
We were really disappointed! Imagine a Festive Dinner served like this: two unprofessional waiters bring you one (yes, one) slice of Mushroom. After some minutes a new serving: one or two pieces of potato. We couldn't believe this ridiculous situation was really happening.
The rooms are not well maintained. The seat of the bathroom couldnt stay uplifted and the kettle didnt work properly.
The staff, the owner are very friendly and this is the only reason I rate this place better than it deserves.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Racc2013
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The title says it all, avoid at all costs. There are plently of small and reasonable guest houses here. The room was dirty and frankly weird with a strange open bathroom, the breakfast had old salad and what looked like rotten fish! Nice Irish pub down the hill

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank matthewsnowy
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We recently spent two week nights at this comfortable hotel. The room (a deluxe double) was very comfortable without being palatial. The view of the surroundings was great, the breakfast plentiful and the assistance provided by the staff was excellent. Parking was not a problem and the wi-fi connection was good. The position was good and provided easy access to the areas we chose to visit - the Golan Heights, the Huleh Valley Reserve and the Banias Nature Reserve. I understand that this hotel is usually full over the week-ends but off-season week nights are usually very quiet.

Room Tip: The Deluxe double includes a spa bath, a good view and is sufficiently spacious.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My family and I had contacted Alaska Inn hotel directly and made reservations via email in early Jan for a short stay at end of March/early April, so this is about at least two months in advance. Unfortunately, due to changes in our travelling plans, we had to cancel our reservation with them around 25 days before our intended stay. This is more than the common 2-week notice that most hotels require from customers. And there was no mention of any cancellation charges when we made the reservations via email in Jan.

And now, they insist on charging us cancellation fees, giving us excuses that it's due to peak season and compensation for the email correspondences. (They made it sound as if a few email enquiries needed so many hours of work.) If cancellation fees were part of the reservation contract, they should have highlighted it during the time of booking! I find that this hotel is rather unprofessional and not entirely honest. Very shady and unfair of them to surprise us with cancellation charges which they had made no mention of earlier.

And with the bad reviews many other TA forumers have made about this hotel, it's advisable to stay clear of Alaska Inn Hotel, with their unsatisfactory service and lack of integrity.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ultravioletta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Metulla
Hagoshrim Hotel & Nature
Kfar Giladi Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kfar Giladi
Rimonim Hermon Holiday Village
Pastoral Hotel - Kfar Blum

Been to Alaska Inn? Share your experiences!