“OK - But some key features missing”

Vered Hagalil Holiday Village Hotel
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We booked Vered Hagalil for a weekend getaway based primarily on the glowing reviews we had seen from previous contributors. I can't say there was anything particularly bad about the stay, but I couldn't get fired up about the place in the same way that other folks did.
Firstly, the Check-in staff were perfunctory and not over friendly
The accommodation we were given was a good sized cabin looking out on the direction of the Sea of Galilee. We couldn't actually see the lake, although it was just possible to view the lights of Tiberias in the distance. The cabin itself although having everything advertised, was somewhat shabby and could have done with a good lick of paint and some new floor tiles. The bed however was very comfortable and we slept well (probably helped by liberal use of the Jacuzzi in a separate unit attached to the cabin).
The accommodation is spaced out over quite a large area, so some times the walk to the breakfast area can take 5-10 minutes depending on where you are placed. The breakfast is substantial, salads, cheeses and omelettes made to order and you can sit and watch the horse riding activities as you eat.
Pool is small and not particularly well kept.
Overall OK - but not what you'd expect from a weekend at these prices.

Overall ok - but no

Room Tip: Best views of the lake are the wooden cabins at the south of the resort
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jazzman25_11

Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stayed there for 2 nights , rented 2 houses .
Good things: good location ,located in very quiet place .
Breakfast: 3 kind of cheese , fish in marinade , olives , jogurt , eggs ,coffee ,3 kind of cakes , bread and some other staff - not bad but could be reacher .
Bad things :
It was raining -in both houses had drops from the ceiling ( not nice at all ) and in the evening we found different kind of insects inside the house , after I found several during the night my daughter wake up and went for rest room, She shouted that three is a big spider in the toilet room . It was not nice to go back to sleep in house when you know that there are plenty of living guests (insects ) in the same house with you .
But the worst thing happened after :
I wake up in the morning and saw that there are strange bites on my body , ( I thought hmm, maybe Mosquitos ...,
But no, those are fleas , I have more than 150 bites on my body !!!
Now it is 2 days after vacation , sitting in my saloon and saying thanks god it doesn't happened for my children and taking plenty of peels and cream that doctor gave me - I wouldn't recommend you to go to this hotel .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2014

One of my favorite location while visiting Upper Galilee in Israel [visited at least 6 times twice disappointing 4 great stays - they compensated me when I complained]. While being in the middle of nature each cabin has it's own private terrace and yard which gives you the best experience of this area in Israel. Still never visit on high season since the hotel policy is maximum occupancy and when this happens all the magic is gone. The restaurant is good and pleasant but don't eat dinner every night there [if you stay several days] there are plenty good restaurants around.
Close by is "House of Galilee" a magnificent project of Christianity. A little overpriced [Cabins and Restaurant] but still reasonable [in Israeli prices]. Cabins [most of them] are beautiful and comfortable. Good Spa treatments. Includes a Riding Ranch and swimmingpool.

Room Tip: make sure to ask for the good cabins with nice views of the lake of galilee
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Since my first honeymoon 1977, I come to this beautiful village hotel again and again. This time I had a very nice surprise at the dining room which becomes a very good restaurant. Accept lack of pancakes in breakfast everything was perfect.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great lodge place near the sea of Galilee. It is a quite choice and very good option to avoid staying in Tiberias which is very close by car anyway. The lodges are very nice and the place offers horse riding if you want. You have views of the sea and can relax with that nice view. Breakfast in the connected restaurant is superb. Highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We love this place so much. It is the third time for us . The cabin we got is beautiful decorated with great views outside. Sitting outside the cabin in the afternoon or in the morning with the view of the Sea of Galilee in front of you , listening to the birds sing, watching the horses grazing. It is an unforgettable experience .
The staff is very freindly and breakfast is very good.
Highly recomended place. We probably will come again next year.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2014

we hade a grate time.it was so peacefull,a very good brakfast. we felt very comfortable in the room the people serving eround were very polait we sure will come again,
the farm is placed in a fantastic area ,a lot to see ar

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ruth Rimonim Safed
Ruth Rimonim Safed
#1 of 5 in Safed
Amirey Hagalil Boutique Hotel

Been to Vered Hagalil Holiday Village Hotel? Share your experiences!