“Awfull place - will never stay there again”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Canyon Lake
Frankfurt
“Awfull place - will never stay there again”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I really did not enjoy my 1 night stay at this hotel. The room had a very strong artificial smell - I think from some cheap cleaning liquid or room refreshment spray.

The carpet on the floor was not really clean. The WIFI did not work.

When I finally went to the reception room at 9:25 AM the next day to get some breakfast (its available until 9:30 AM only) the coffee was already empty. The staff at the reception refused to refill the coffee and said "its 9:30 AM already you know..."

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JPDeluxe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I thought hotels this ghetto like this only existed in movies. Room was extremely ugly and uncomfortable. outdated Furniture had burn marks and scratches all over the place from previous guests most likely tweakers as there were dark residues all over floor, couch, dresser & bedding. Couch and bedding full of dirty unsettling stains. Strong mold odor in room. Roaches and other insects thriving throughout room especially under sinks and in bathroom. No deadlock on door. This is not an exaggeration or false statement. I would say see for yourself but I don't think anyone else should have to experience how horrible it was.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Anthony M

Travellers are raving about these Canyon Lake hotels

wildomar
Reviewed 28 February 2014

In most cases you get what you pay for....but if you don't want to feel TOOK....this is where you want to be... the price is right...great service....very clean and tbe staff is friendly....very pleased with. My stay here....

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jestesone05
Crete
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This is the worst place I have ever seen. The carpet was dirty, reaked of deodorizer and had no less than 15 burn holes. I was in a rush to get somewhere so didn't have much time to check all of it. When I returned I had a better look around. The glass on the picture over the bed was cracked through the middle and very dangerous if the wall shook, the valence over my plastic curtains was caked with dust but the worst was pulling back the bedspread and finding wrinkled, dirty sheets. The pillow cases were clean but that was it. I went to the front desk and there was a sign saying "right back" but after 5 minutes freezing outside I grabbed my bag and left. I'll be asking for a refund, but I doubt I'll get one. Don't waste your time, there is a Holiday Inn down the street.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank MichelleCrete
Santa Clarita, California
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed here on business, when i arrived the A/C in my room wasn`t working well and i had already unpacked everything so needless to say, I was annoyed. When I went to the office they immediately gave me a new room, and to my surprise they had upgraded me to a suite (which is $40 more), at no extra charge.
The staff is very friendly and helpful, the place is clean and the rooms are clean and smell good.
I met some people while I was working who live on the lake and have come back to visit them and I always stay here!
I was really surprised to see some of the negative reviews on this site, are the people thinking it was going to be the Waldorf Astoria? Get real, It`s a great price for the level of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Just ask the desk, they are very helpful and honest
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Matt R
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Such a friendly/ helpful staff, the location could not get any better next to a delicious Mexican food restaurant and a very lovely coffee house. the room was very clean with a plasma tv which I wasn't expecting with a price as low as it is, I will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed September 2013
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lake Elsinore
Red Lion Inn & Suites Perris
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Temecula Wine Country
Hampton Inn & Suites Temecula

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!