I stayed from 3rd to 8th Feb 2008 with four others. We booked 2 twins with an online travel agent, and paid quite a bit for the rooms as it was peak season.
1. When we arrived, we were given one double and one twin. The owner claimed that she had informed the agent that double was not available, but we were not informed prior by anyone. Since it was late when we arrived, we agreed to stay one night in the double and the owner had promised change rooms the next day. We never got the twin (they actually offered another double, duh!) coz they kept giving excuses of room taken up coz it's peak.
2. The rooms very tiny! The toilets were even smaller. They do not provide houskeeping service, thus you must ask for your rooms to be cleaned. I had trash almost spilling out and no one cleaned it until the 3rd day of my stay. The electricity goes off once in a while, cable TV is intermitten and the hotel doesn't have lifts. I suggest asking for lower floors so you don't break your back climbing up the stairs with your luggage.
3.The place overcharges for everything! A one way trip to the airport costs THB650, while a taxi would have cost THB300. This is for a 15min ride, as this motel is in Krabi Town itself. A coke is priced at THB90. I suggest not to eat there coz there are many nice places to eat in Krabi town. Also, tour packages are about 30% more at the lodge, so take a walk in Krabi Town and you can get bargains if you 'shop' around.
4. Breakfast provided was reasonable. You don't have much of a choice coz it's the same day in and out. There's no one to pick up telephone calls and transfer to your room after 10pm.
I'd say, it was a basic need fulfilled although I was pretty much sure I could have got a better bargain elsewhere in Ao Nang beach itself. Rooms were going for THB1000 per nite, while we paid THB1400 at Thepparat. A taxi ride to Ao Nang beach will cost TH40/50 per one way.
Service wasn't that bad, the owner was OK to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deluxe Room with double or twin bed equipped with air conditioning, hot rain shower, fridge, safety box and satellite TV. Breakfast is included and also service charged. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and HostelWorld so you can book your Thepparat Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thepparat Hotel Krabi
- Thepparat Lodge Krabi, Thailand