“Wonderful Atmosphere”

Ranked #2 of 4 Capitola B&B and Inns
danville, ca
“Wonderful Atmosphere”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here before and always love it. Stayed in March 2014 and requested a gluten free breakfast if possible. They did provide several gluten free things each morning and everything was delicious. The rooms are comfortable and beautiful and the location great.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ncircle

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 3 May 2014

This is our second time staying in the Paris Room. A lovely mid week get away from San Francisco and we decided on it because of the special price offered by Trip Advisor. Lovely attention to detail. Clean and fabulous comfort to bed. Very good breakfast in the morning.
Submitted by N. King in San Francisco

Room Tip: We loved the Paris Room on first floor with nice windows looking out ; this is our second time choos...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy K
no. california
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We've been staying here for 13 years....WE LOVE IT.....stayed in many rooms......really not a "family" atmosphere.......the best customer service ever!!!! Julie and Frank folks with children might want to stay elsewhere!!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank julie h
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was very excited to stay at this hotel based on a friend's recommendation. We were going to be in the area for a birthday party and decided to make a weekend of it. The Stratford upon Avon room was available on their website and I planned to stay in this room based on price. I called the hotel because we were going to be staying with our two month old baby girl; I wanted to ask if they had a sleeping surface (ie port a crib) available. I was told that they do not have portable cribs and that, because the wall are thin and they didn't want to disturb other guests, we could only stay in two - MORE EXPENSIVE - rooms. I noted I would be happy to stay in the rooms they recommended if they could be offered at the Stratford Upon Avon price. I was flatly told they would not be. I noted this was extremely poor customer service and hotel management and the woman on the phone basically said "yup." I said I would then book the Stratford upon Avon room online anyway and she said that I could if that's what I wanted to do. Strangely enough, though, their website shows the room available, but then when I go to book it, it never goes through due to "an error." Hmm. Very interesting. I completely understand not wanting to disturb other guests, but to expect a guest to pay more for a room because their walls are thin is just disgusting.

Room Tip: Wouldn't know - not allowed to book one
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank AllyL117
FelinaSmith, Operations Manager at Inn at Depot Hill, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
I am so sorry hear of your experience. In discussing this with the Inn Manager I truly feel this was an unfortunate mis-communication.

As a small intimate inn, we strive to be conscientious of all our guests to maximize their personal getaway experience. It is true that our inn does not offer cribs and that our inn is a historic train depot and consequently the room are in close proximity to each other. However, I can assure you that we did not intend to restrict your room choice, we simply meant to recommend the larger room options that would most comfortably accommodate your family. I can also say with confidence that the technical error you encountered when attempting to book on line, while certainly frustrating, was not malicious.

Our variety of individual rooms are offered at different rates and though both rooms offered to you vary greatly from the Stratford On Avon room, I do wish we tried harder to find a way to accommodate your request to meet the rate.

Again, I want to apologize for our mis-communication and the frustration you've encountered. We would love to welcome your family to our inn in the future and I do hope you will consider giving us the opportunity to share with you the warmth and relaxation of the Inn at Depot Hill.

Felina Smith
Operations Manager
Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed 28 February 2014

"The Inn" ended up being the perfect choice for a getaway weekend. Along with dinner at Shadowbrook (they'll send a car to taxi you to the restaurant and back), and a day trip to see the elephant seals we had a great and relaxing weekend. So glad I read the Tripadvisor reviews! The Inn is beautifully decorated, our room was lovely, the bed perfect, and the bathroom large and well provisioned. Oh, and our breakfasts were delicious!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SanFranTravelers
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My teenage daughter and I decided to do a coastal trip including Capitola and were pleased to stay at the Inn at Depot Hill again. We stayed a year before and truly enjoyed it. Pictures can not even begin to show the elegance and attention to detail these rooms have. Last time we stayed in the Sissinghurst themed room and loved it. The Delft was even more spectacular! It is the most spacious room with a private patio and spa and decorated perfectly with Dutch accessories. Luxurious and elegant with very gracious staff.

Room Tip: The rooms are depicted accurately on their website
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jamilajs
San Jose, California
Reviewed 4 February 2014

After all the chaos of the holidays my husband and I were in need of some time away. This was our first stay at Depot Hill and we loved it. We stayed in the Capitola Beach Room which was perfect - soothing colors and beautiful decor. The Inn was nice and quiet which was perfect for us and a short walk to downtown Capitola so no need to drive around and look for parking. We had pancakes and coffee delivered to the room in the morning and they were delicious! Wish we could have stayed longer and will definitely be back again!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank wellsmj
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitola
Capitola Hotel
Dream Inn
Dream Inn
#2 of 54 in Santa Cruz
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,372 reviews

Been to Inn at Depot Hill? Share your experiences!