“Excellent Service”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Capitola
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I chose to stay at the Fairfield Inn for the second time this summer because of the gracious, friendly and professional service, as well as for the spacious, clean rooms. My first trip was seamless. Upon arrival, we were warmly greeted by the front desk staff who upgraded our room seeing that I was with my two daughters so each of us would have our own bed. Our room was very clean and with a separate sleeping area for me, I knew I would most likely stay again. All the staff was very knowledgeable about the area, however special recognition to Mike, the bartender, who went above and beyond helping me plan fun activities with my girls. Mike spent the time giving us great recommendations for dinning out while making me the best margaritas! It is because of the staff and employees like Mike I will come back again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jody c
Derek G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Jody C,
Thank you for staying with us twice this summer!
With a team of employees who all give you the service that make you want to return, I am glad that Mike our fantastic bartender earned special notice.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Fairfield Inn and Suites as a girl's weekend with my mom and sister. I found this hotel to be the perfect place for our vacation. When we arrived staff was very friendly and greeted us. They offered us a choice of rooms despite the fact that we checked in earlier than normal check in time. We were also given an area map which included suggestions for eating. We choose a suite so that we would each have our own bed (including sofabed). The suite was a nice size. The room was very clean. The hotel had underground parking in a gated garage. So, we knew our vehicle was in a safe and clean place. There were many close businesses including a mall, restaurants, and groceries. Capitola was supposedly in walking distance, but it would have been a really long walk. I recommend this hotel if you are going into Capitola.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Derek G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Ijjecox,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We are happy to have had you as our guests and hope to see you again for your next weekend getaway.
With sincere hospitality

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this property 3 years in a row now to play in the Santa Cruz City Golf Championships. It has been a wonderful experience. Quiet, great service, clean, nice location. Now for the buts... They recently went to two night minimums for summer weekends. This may work for some but it doesn't work if you're within a 3 hour drive and need only one night. So that leads me to the second 'but' which is price. Not that this property is over priced for the area but come on, $350 bucks AND you require 2 nights?

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BG-CA
Derek G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear BG-CA,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us when in our area each year. The 2 night stay minimum allows our visitors better options to book their full weekends without rooming issues due to sold out single nights. Please give us a call directly to the hotel when this next occurs as we are always here to help you when it is possible.

Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Of Marriott's many variants, this was our first time at a Fairfield Marriott Inn. All good. Clean and spacious sleeping room with separate parlor. Mini fridge and microwave for the practical or reclusive. Full delicious breakfast with many choices 6:30-10. Only the Lack of Ocean View kept from 5-stars. But heathy walking distance to shops and the Capitola beach and wharf. Nice staff. We'd stay again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dallazz
Derek G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Dallazz
We are very happy to hear that your first stay at a Fairfield Inn and Suites brand of Marriott lived up to your expectations. Please stay with us again when your travel plans bring you back to our location.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

A very clean hotel with a friendly staff and garage parking for guests. Within walking distance of many shops and restaurants and even the beach (15 to 20 minutes depending on how fast you walk). We stayed in a King suite and were very pleased with it; only complaint is that the pillows were small and too soft, not quite enough support for my head and neck. Hotel was nice and quiet at night, too, which was great for me since I'm a light sleeper. (We had a courtyard view; street-facing rooms may be louder.) Pool was nice, if a bit small, but the large hot tub was also nice. Good lighting in the bathroom, but the shower head was a bit soft for my taste; I like more of a hard blast of water when showering.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Derek G, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear mplanglinais,
Thank you for having stayed with us.
We do provide a selection of both feather and foam pillows on all of our beds with hopes of offering sweet dreams. I apologize that our pillows were not just right. Our Spa suites with their whirlpool tubs also have the enclosed double shower headed shower that provides a great wide spray shower but cannot be concentrated into a harder blast of water. I have taken note of this for future modifications.
With hospitality.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

I am Marriott Gold (was Platinum). Stayed 2 nights this weekend. This hotel is by far the best Fairfield Inn I have ever stayed at Parking is a little tight in the garage (watch out for the posts) but all the positives on here are spot on. They were even able to retrieve a jacket my daughter left behind. Did have 2 beers charge to the room which weren't ours but room was free and we did not have time to straighten it out before leaving. Capitola is lovely and we enjoyed downtown Santa Cruz.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Stlrod,
I thank you for your experienced review. Being one of our elite members you have experienced many different Marriott properties and brands during your years of travel. My staff and I are very proud to have provided you with a "WOW" during your visit to the California coast. We hope to see you again one day.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Cute hotel 3 blocks from the beach boardwalk. Friendly staff, good breakfast. I would stay again. Pool area was nicely maintained. No loud noises to say it was fully booked. Sitting area on balcony was nice and late checkout was accommodated without incident.

Room Tip: I am not sure if wifi was free as it comes free with my status. The suites with fireplace and jacuz...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl B

Dear Cheryl B,
We are pleased that our newly built Marriott provided you with an enjoyable visit. We do offer free high speed WIFI to all of our guests as well. It is our hope that you will stay with again when next you visit our area. Thank you for being our guest.
Derek Grell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitola
Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites
Capitola Venetian Hotel
#4 of 4 in Capitola
Best Western Seacliff Inn
Quality Inn and Suites Capitola By the Sea

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola? Share your experiences!