“Deliciouus food and great location”
Review of Stockton Bridge Grille - CLOSED

Stockton Bridge Grille
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Foster City, California
“Deliciouus food and great location”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I have been here several times and love the varied menu. Great location overlooking the beach adn always friendly staff.

• Visited March 2012

Benicia, California
“EXCELLENT SMALL PLATE OR LARGE PLATE DINING”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

It was raining cats and dogs when we arrived at the Stockton Bridge Grille. We had a window seat looking at the river flowing into the sea. There were 6 of us and we ordered most items to share. I would have to say there was not one item that I would change anything about. Spinach salad with pears and nuts was delightful and enough for 2.
Jack and Bacon Shrimp (4 per plate) flavorful and succulent with sauce. Fried Calamari came in battered chunky pieces with 2 sauces. Baby back ribs, double order is plenty to share, with a very sweet fruity sauce. Meat was tender and juicy. The fried Scallops looked great and the Chicken Curry Pasta was enjoyed by my friends. I enjoyed a Mojito from the bar with lots of fresh mint. Total of bill for 6 was $162. I will go again next time I am in beautiful Capitola, CA.

• Visited March 2012
Modesto
“A Delicious Meal With A Long Aftertaste”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

My wife and I both ordered the SG Bistro burger ($12), a huge piece of grilled meat with grilled onions, aioli, an exotic bacon, and a delicious bun. I had cheese added to mine, which the burger did not need because the sandwich was already flavorful. It also came with a delicious salad. It was a large meal, so split an order with a companion unless you have a really big appetite. We ate the meal around 12:30PM, but we could still taste the burger in our 9PM belches. The French bread and butter was great, served 30 seconds before the meal arrived.
The restaurant will not allow subtitution of soup for the salad. One has to get the salad and buy the soup at full price. If you split the burger, which is cut into two equal pieces, you can share the soup for a perfect size meal.
The service was quick, even though only one waitress was on duty during weekday lunch. We should have asked for guidance in ordering, but we did not want to take up a lot of the only waitresses' time given her lone status.
The restaurant has a nice view overlooking the Capitola lagoon towards the ocean. It is located right next to the short bridge over the river that feeds the lagoon. The view is facing south, so a window seat may result in a sunny seat.
The menu had a lot of other interesting items, including small plates. We had the burger as we did not feel adventurous the day we ate there.
I do not recommend outdoor seating due to the proximity of sea gulls. If you like close encounters with nature, go for it.
The building interior is a bit old, as are most dining establishments in Capitola.

• Visited February 2012
Pacific Grove, California
“Nice views, mediocre food and drinks”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

After reading the previous reviews, I decided to try this place. We had an outside table with nice views, the server was friendly and competent, but the food fell way short of expectations. I had a turkey club, just average. My wife had a pork sandwich, which was dry and overcooked. The coffee was OK, the drinks were just fair to poor. I had a Mojito, and my wife had a Bloody Mary. I was wondering why this restaurant had few people, while other restaurants along the Esplanade were crowded. I now why why, we won't return here.

• Visited January 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
“Good food and a cozy atmosphere.”
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We went with friends to this restaurant last Sunday night. We were looking for a restaurant with entrees and small plates that offered an atmosphere conducive to conversation. It helped that the restaurant on a Sunday night was almost devoid of customers so reservations were not necessary. The menu contained small plate items as well as standard plate entrees. The ladies opted for dinner salads topped with salmon, my friend had a cheeseburger, and I had the medallions of ahi dipped in a light tempura batter, briefly deep fried, and served with a wasabi based sauce. The food was delicious and the service was prompt and gracious. My wife and I plan to return next week on our anniversary and this time will try the small plate menu.

• Visited December 2011