“Pretty Good, Gets Crowded”
Review of Main Street Bagel

Main Street Bagel
Ranked #75 of 110 Restaurants in Capitola
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We went for bagels on two mornings, and both times there was quite a line. (But it was also a weekend; maybe weekdays are less busy.) The bagels were good; I had jalapeno cheese the first day (more cheese than jalapeno) and sun-dried tomato the second, which I think was the better of the two. The cream cheese is very good, though beware the spinach and garlic cream cheese is VERY garlicky. I also had a hot white mocha one of the mornings, and that was very good as well.

Service was perfunctory, though the people working there greeted what I assume were "regulars" quite loudly and fondly. After getting our bagels, I had to remind them a couple times I was still waiting for my mocha (which is why, despite its being really good, I didn't order a hot drink the second day and opted instead for something from the cold case).

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

This place is a little find, heaps of bagel choices savoury and sweet.

Then your choice of spread toppings, breakfast or salads...

The bagels are ultra fresh and tasty. I had a turkey avocado on wheat. And had to resist getting a second!!!

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We had bagel breakfast sandwiches with ham, egg and cheese. Sourdough bagels were fresh. Fairly basic sandwiches so not much to mess up here! Tasted great. A little disappointed to find 3 of 6 coffee carafes empty, but managed to find one we liked. Continually busy on a Saturday morning so grab a seat as soon as you find it-it won't last!

Reviewed 31 January 2013

First i will start off this review by saying that i am from New York so this may not be a fair review for people elsewhere. The one good thing about this bagel store is that they have a wide variety of bagels. The bagels are decent. They are just average in taste compared to what I'm used to. The service was okay. I ate there one morning and I didn't regret my decision. Just average for a person from New York.

Reviewed 6 January 2013

I love this place!! They're always so nice to me and friendly and patient and cool in there. I give them a definite five outta five stars!! I would def. recommend giving this place a try. I guarantee you'll love it!! =)