“Finding ale”

Ranked #14 of 106 Restaurants in Capitola
San Jose, California
“Finding ale”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Standard pub fare; we shared a mixed app of deep fried onions, mushrooms and zucchini, which hit the spot. Ales on top were tasty.

Visited November 2013

“Millwall - Come on ye Lions”
Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

This is a decent British pub set next to a lovely beach. Good honest British pub grub and a great staff make this place possibly one of the best eateries in Capitola. Great abundant fish n chips and good ales took me back to London from where we are from.

Millwall is a tough no nonsense football team from south east London. Andy the owner is an ardent Millwall fan. I guess someone has to be!

Top marks to Andy and his crew for serving good (not haut cuisine) food at honest prices. Loads of American football on the five screens makes it quite lively when a game is on.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Savagemushrooms
Bountiful, Utah
“Great sandwiches at the Beach!”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

At the end of the cute little Beach town sits this restaurant. Sandwiches are huge fresh bread and ingredients. The outside is the best to just chill. Inside is small and the staff looked like they were short staffed while we visited. Still they had a smile. Bar is limited and small, on a busy day you'd be better off waiting for a table outside.

• Visited August 2013
Pleasanton, California
“The Brit is Average.”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Visited the "Brit" in Capitola on Fathers Day. Not real crowded so we tried it. A table outside on the patio was available so we eat there. They have heaters outside but management refused our request to turn them on at 4:00pm. We were told not until the sun sets. So much for customer service.. Fish and chips are large portions, hamburgers are average and the clam chowder was all broth very little clam and very small portion. All the food was served hot and service person was very friendly. If they would only commit to some of the small details they could be a great restaurant. Will try other restaurants next time before I revisit.

• Visited June 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“Pleasant dining patio”
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I had fish and chips to go, but wished I had stayed and enjoyed the patio area. Next time I visit, I will definitely stay. The fish was delicious and very large portion. The restaurant was busy (on a weekend) but had a very friendly vibe to it. I would feel comfortable dining here alone. I often eat solo, so it is important to me that a place feels inviting when I walk in. This one definitely does. Nice choice for restaurant dining while in Capitola Village.

Visited January 2013