“Great coffee”
Review of Verve Coffee

Verve Coffee
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Capitola
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Great cup of coffee with a unique favor. The Verve is only a 5 minute walk from the hotel. The pastries are delicious. Its apparent by how busy they can be that it's also a favorite place for the locals too.

There are newer reviews for Verve Coffee

Reviewed 12 February 2013

It's a "hometown" version of Starbucks but everyone knows each other. They sell some take-home products which if we lived there, I would have purchased to try out (different types of tea etc).

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We went there on a rainy day. It was a great tasting Americano. I tried a sip of another coffee (Concepcion?) from my son who is a coffee afficianado. Nice setting to have coffee on a rainy day.

I like my coffee hot. I wish I had told them in advance.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Verve is a local firm which roasts all their own blends between trips on the waves. It has the original shop in Capitola, another roastery and shop and a large relatively new location on Santa Cruz' main drag. Each is excellent, good beans, well roasted, skilled barristas and a good atmosphere. The places to go for coffee.

Reviewed 22 August 2012

Perhaps caught the staff on a bad day, however they seemed to be badly disorganized, we literally waited 15 minutes for two americano's with only five or six people in front of us. We also wanted to buy beans, trying to find the beans they were brewing that day I couldn't see them, upon asking one of the girls where I might find them she replied "they should be there" and walked away. We ended up buying random beans, was asked if we wanted a bag to carry the beans in as we were buying a few bags, they ran all over the shop trying to find a bag nobody seemed to know where they were. The americanos however were amazing when we finally got them, however they don't have the technology to make one any larger than a 12oz ??