“Wonderful Food and Atmosphere”
Review of Shadowbrook

Shadowbrook
Ranked #2 of 110 Restaurants in Capitola
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Capitola Rd.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My girlfriends and I went to dinner for my birthday. The food was amazing as is the view. After we walked around and took some pictures.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We celebrated my daughter and fiance's engagement here. We had a great dinner, great service, and a perfect evening. It had been years since I was able to return, but it was worth the return trip. Love the location.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

First timers to Capitola and felt compelled to try Shadowbrook based on local recs and Trip Advisor comments. Glad we did. Enjoyed the unique feel of the property, including of course the tram to/from the restaurant. Service was excellent. Food relatively simple, but properly prepared. No complaints.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I have dined at the Shadowbrook a number of times during the last 35 years, and have never been disappointed until four of us ate there on 17 Apr 2014. I ordered Prime Rib Medium Rare, and it was served Medium Well. It was replaced with another serving, which was about medium, but the waiter said that it was the rarest piece availble. Everybody else's dinners were excellent in all aspects. Other than this experience, the Shadowbrook has alway been one of my favorite restaurants in the United States, and I have eaten at more than 2000 restaurants all over the U.S. and in some 35 foreign countries

The Shadowbrook has more character and ambience at the entryway than many restaurants have in the entire facility. It is a very pleasant and unique setting, and ordinarily an excellent place to dine with exceptional service and really good food . . . albeit, a bit pricey.

I always try to have a least one dinner at the Shadowbrook when we are in the Santa Cruz Area, and will continue to do so. I would recommned the Shadowbrook to anyone who enjoys a unique and exceptional overall dining experience.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

We recently celebrated my mother's birthday at Shadowbrook. I can't say enough about the excellent service! I called ahead and said that I would be bringing some candles, a photo, birthday cards and some flowers and requested that they be on our table before we brought my mother to be seated. Shadowbrook managed this request flawlessly.

When we arrived, we were given a pager so that we'd be notified when the table was ready. Less than 5 minutes passed and we were escorted to our table. The candles I had brought were lighted and looked beautiful. The cards and flowers were arranged and the photo was placed so that my mother could see it right away (a photo of my folks together - dad died more than 3 years ago). Mom was so delighted and touched that her eyes filled with happy tears.

Our server was delightful and my mother truly enjoyed his banter. Our server was a professional. He was excellent at communicating, quickly understood all of our quirks and treated us as though we were dear old friends.

The food was as usual, fabulous. My husband and I had the prime rib. Absolutely excellent. Mom had a caesar salad with Shadowbrook's "famous" artichoke soup. My daughter loved her calamari and salad, We started our meal with a tuna appetizer that was so fresh and tasty that it melted in my mouth.

We are picky about wine and were so pleased to see the very nice wine list. We had a tempranillo that was lovely.

Dessert - a lovely crepe dish and creme brulee - shared by the table.

I should mention that my husband and I visit Shadowbrook probably two or three times during the winter months for "winemaker Wednesdays" in the bar. This is a real treat as the wines are interesting and the chefs in the bar area are fun to watch.

Thank you Shadowbrook for your usual excellence!