We stayed at the Monarch Cove Inn following a family wedding which was hosted there. As other reviewers have mentioned, the views from this location are very pretty, so it is definitely a nice place to host a wedding. The rooms are a bit worn, and there is only one (full?) bed per room. Considering the one bed and the high price/room, it's definitely not a place to take a family. (We brought sleeping bags for our kids.)
To their credit, the wedding and catering worked like a well-oiled machine. It seemed like a nice idea to stay at the hotel following the wedding, but in hindsight, we should have saved our money and stayed elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Monarch Cove Inn is located on historic Depot Hill in Capitola, California. Poised on an ocean cliff, the Monarch Cove Inn looks out onto the breathtaking curve of Monterey Bay. Accommodations are intimately nestled among flower filled gardens and a monarch butterfly habitat. Enjoy a memorable stay on our 2.5 acre estate with uniquely appointed Victorian guestrooms and cottages, which are a thoughtful blend of yesterday and today. We are conveniently located within walking distance to Capitola Village. You can also stroll along the eucalyptus-lined pathway through the Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary that leads to New Brighton State Beach. Breakfast is served to your room daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Ebookers so you can book your Monarch Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monarch Cove Hotel Capitola
- Monarch Cove Inn Capitola