“Wonderful Location and Nice Accomodations”

Capitola Venetian Hotel
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Capitola
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed in room 131 which was an ocean view that sleeps 5. It's on the upper level and right next to the parking lot - which was perfect for loading and unloading. The unit was bright and clean. The bedding, bathroom and towels etc. exceeded my expectations. You need to remember that this is an old hotel that's on the beach. You'll need to bring your own wine glasses if you drink wine. They are pretty strict on their check out times so make sure you plan for that. We really enjoyed our weekend.

2  Thank LGSinclair
BartfieldGroup, Manager at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Capitola and hope you'll be staying with us again soon. That is one of our most popular rooms. When you return you may want to specify the room number. We have several with the same layout but I think the one at the end is extra nice with the views in two directions.

Thanks Again,

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We stayed in Room 133. Nightmare. Backs up to street and is bottom unit. It is fairly large...but, just didn't look or smell clean. We were uncomfortable for both nights. The beds were comfortable but it just felt dirty. The bathroom was dated and small and just didn't look clean. The noise at night was terrible. There was a gate right outside our unit and it slammed all night with drunk people, skateboarders, high heels and just loudness.
To end with a positive, the location is right in the heart of Capitola. However, if you're looking for a mellow, quiet, relaxing location, this is not the unit or place for you. The front units that are privately owned looked awesome. But, if I had to do this over again...I would not have chosen this place. It was dark and just Icky inside. PS: The unit above us sounded as if they were going to come through the ceiling!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sherillj

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry your room didn't feel clean to you. I'll check out your room in particular and our rooms in general to see what we can do to improve. This time of year our housekeepers are trying very hard to keep up but there's always room for improvement. I also apologize for the noise problems. We are a beach hotel in the middle of the high season and you had a room right on the end of the building next to the sidewalk, stairs and street. Usually people don't have a problem with it but it can be noisier in that room than some of the others. I'd recommend selecting a room further from the street next time. We hope you'll stay with us again.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

My family of 7, ages 15 months to 48yrs just spent two nights here and we had a great time. It really is so close to everything. We stayed in 112, a 2 bedroom 1 1/2 bathroom with a kitchen. The beds were so comfortable (the regular beds, didn't ask the kids about the murphy beds. Kitchen has the basics, if your cooking anything special bring the pans you need. The skillet is small so pancakes for 7 took some time. I read a lot of reviews about how terrible the noise is, well there are several bars right across the river and they were having a lot of fun but it didn't keep anyone up. In the mornings I could have done without the seagulls but it's the beach so what are you going to do right. If there was wifi there we never heard anything about it but everyone survived. The gentlman who checked us in seemed a bit under pressure but was nice, there is a very nice man who seemed to be a handyman that brought us 2 fans, it was very hot the week we were there. The gentlman who checked us out was very nice. In our bedroom there was a door to a small balcony that has stairs leading down to the river/beach access, like I said it was very hot so we slept with that door open every night. I felt perfectly safe and comfortable doing that. I like that there is a faucet outside to rinse your feet off before going inside. Right over the bridge there are a lot of great places, The drinks and service at Margaritaville were great! The pizza at Pizza my Heart is so good and my husband and daughter in law loved Mr Toots coffee. Overall we had a great time and loved the place. I would say wait for deals or go in off season because summer prices were a little steep.

2  Thank laurieleblue
BartfieldGroup, Manager at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you'll be staying with us again soon. We really appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. I'm sorry you didn't know about our Wifi. We do have free wireless internet access as well as Ethernet connections in the rooms. Your right about our location. It's great having all the restaurants and shops withing walking distance.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We just got back from a great family get-a-way. We stayed in room 129. We had hoped for a room.with a balcony, but it turned out it didn't make a huge difference. We still had a great view. People have to take into consideration that this is a historic hotel, not the Marriott. This place is great. It is a pretty large room. Great for my family of 4. Kids loved the bunk beds. It is close to shops, dining and at the beach. The room has a semi-updated kitchen, could cook a meal if you wanted. We chose to try different restaurants throughout our stay. Parking was on-site, which is great. Last year we stayed in room 124, which was great as well. We are now making this an annual destination.

3  Thank Amy N
BartfieldGroup, Manager at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are all glad you enjoyed your stay so much. It was a real pleasure having you. We hope you'll be staying with us again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

If you're looking for a beachfront hotel that is walking distance to great food and shops, then this is the place. If you're looking for a quiet, quaint hotel, I suggest you look elsewhere. This is a funky looking property that is brightly colored and it's proximity to both the beach and shops/restaurants can't be beat. Now, for the downside-it's noisy. And not just a little bit, a LOT. We had a first floor, corner room closest to the street. While the street noise didn't bother us so much, it was the noise from the people upstairs that was awful. You could hear EVERYTHING. And at midnight it sounded like they were dragging furniture across the floor. It was terrible. No one could sleep and the kids found it scary. It was so awful that when the upstairs folks finally did fall asleep, you could hear them snoring. If you're a heavy sleeper then this might be OK but if you're a light sleeper, this may not be the place for you. The rooms are dated and in need of some updating and deep cleaning. The room also had a weird odor to it. We ended up checking out early and leaving.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank M A
BartfieldGroup, Manager at Capitola Venetian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate the feedback. I'm sorry you room was so noisy. Staying in a ground floor room when you have noisy people above you is no fun. We understand that the noise can carry in a historical building like this and try to impress upon our guests the need to think of their neighbors. Some don't get it but most of our guests try to be considerate. I'm also sorry you didn't feel your room's cleanliness was up to par. We've been doing Spring cleanings to get ready for the high season. I hope you'll give us a try again.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My new favorite place in the world ! This hotel on the beach has everything you could want in a vacation. You can park your car for a few days and walk everywhere. There are shops, restaurants, beach, river, and the room even has a kitchen ! I even own an Inn myself and I see the great value here.

Kathleen from Bella Vista B & B

discoverbellavista.com

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kathleen A

Thank you Kathleen for the great review! You're right; it's great having so much to do within walking distance. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just got back from a 4 night 5 day stay at the Venetian. This was by far the most relaxing, comfortable, rejuvenating trip I have been on in years. We had Room 112 which was wonderful. 2 bedrooms with the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. they also had 2 murphy beds which we did not need to use. Large living room with big flat screen t.v. Fully stocked kitchen, refrigerator, stove, coffees maker with Wolfgang Puck Coffee. YUMMIE. We had a full view of the ocean and the river. So tranquil and relaxing. There was also a deck off the master bedroom which was wonder full with a bench to sit and watch the ocean, people, birds, etc. We went with 2 teenage girls who boogie boarded in the ocean and went to Pizza My Heart at least 2-3 times per day. Loved the Happy Hour at Paradise Grill, all drinks and appetizers 50 percent off food and drink. Loved the Capitola Pier, had a wonderful breakfast there and enjoyed browsing the Capitola Bait and Tackle Shop. Great deals on sweatshirts and t-shirts. Venetian Staff were fabulous, friendly, accommodating, anything we needed they provided. I nearly cried when we had to leave. I can hardly wait to go back. Will never stay anywhere else in Capitola except The Capitola Venetian Hotel. Love,Love,Love

Room Tip: I was told that room 112 was going to be noisy but we never heard a thing. Slept like babies. Even...