Quality Inn and Suites Capitola By the Sea
Capitola Hotel(Capitola)(Great Value!)
US$218
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Cruz - Capitola(Capitola)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$131
Great 4.5/5
Capitola Venetian Hotel(Capitola)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$181
Hotels.com
Very Good 4/5
Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$176
Great 4.5/5
Chaminade Resort & Spa(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$217
Very Good 4/5
Best Western Seacliff Inn(Aptos)(Great Value!)
US$202
BestWestern.com
Very Good 4/5
Harbor Inn(Santa Cruz)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
US$98
US$94
Good 3.5/5
Rio Sands Hotel(Aptos)(Great Value!)
US$156
US$147
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsnob hillgrocery storeconvenient locationwafflesdownstairs roomcontinental breakfastgood sizeno elevatorstay there againthe check in processquiet hotelfresh airenjoyed our staysmall balconynice staystaff was very friendly and helpfulfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It is the little things that matter when you travel. On Saturday afternoon I went down to use the computer to print tickets to the boardwalk. The computer is EXTREMELY outdated. It literally, I watched the clock, took me 7 minutes just to sign into my email. I tried to print the tickets and after 5 minutes of waiting I gave up and asked the front desk for help. The girl came over and said that I needed to turn the printer on. I said actually no, I have not even been able to hit print yet because the computer runs so slow. I asked her if she could print them for me, reasonable I think, and her response was to tell me that this printer works. That's great that it works, but the computer is so slow that it will not load. I again asked her if she could print them for me and she brushed me off and said that this computer was for guest use. In the end I had to drive over to FedEx Office to print my tickets. When we are paying $200 a night for a hotel room I would expect that the printer would work.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank whitelily12
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My sister stayed here (I treated her) last Easter and I should review this motel because I was there every day although I did not spend the nite. The staff is the best part about this inn. I heard alot of noise from people upstairs and was concerned and called the front desk. They immediately offered us another room free of charge. We left to go have dinner and during that time they had set up another room . They always had a friendly word and came across as very professional. As for the rooms, they were clean but a bit plain and motelish. Nothing charming here just the basics. Spacious however, not cramped like some motels.
The location is good if you don't mind a good walk to the beach. Just cross the street to the Shopping
Center and there is a park with a trail that leads to Warf Road which goes right down to Capitola Village. It takes about 15 minutes if you walk fast more if you are slower. Save on parking this way because it can be pricey in the village.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My whole family spent the night at this hotel for 4th of July. The general appearance gave a feeling of staying at a high-end hotel. Beautiful grounds, immaculate rooms, comfortable beds. Very quiet. The Front Desk staff was very friendly and professional. The Continental breakfast was more than adequate, with a lovely outdoor setting for those who enjoy dining al fresco. As far as negatives go, I didn't like the fact that there were no elevators to our rooms, and we had to use outdoor stairways. A facility that nice should go the extra mile. Also the TV's were small and outdated. The location was great and we liked having use of the Shuttle. Unfortunately the Shuttle is only available on Holidays and weekends, which is a negative for weekday travelers. All and all, I'd recommend it to my friends and I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2013

I came to visit my cousins who live in the area, booking my stay online. I typed in the wrong date! When I arrived, they took care of everything very graciously, and patiently. I was so tired, I even tried my key into the lock of the wrong room! The manager personally went to the room with me to check the door, and we chuckled over my mistake. So nice!
Anyway, the room was really bright and beautiful. So many hotels are going to very dark wood interiors. I much prefer an airy light interior. The bathroom and bedroom were immaculate. The grounds are lovely to walk around, and very quiet. The Inn is in walking distance to the Nob Hill grocery store and CVS drugstore. Very convenient location.
I will be back to stay here in the future!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 27 May 2013

Nice enough location - but needs some serious upgrades. The Inn is located right off of Hwy 1 on the main drag to Capitola. It is conveniently located right next to a shuttle to the beach, only problem is Shuttle stops at 8, but Taxi's are avail - for this trip we took our bikes, not a bad ride only took about 5 Minutes there, maybe 15 Back (we had to walk up the hill!)

The beds were very comfortable, and the rooms were clean enough - but lots of rough construction, old holes left around - the mirror was old and had cracks all around the edges - The "patio" was not a place I would like to be - had a couple cheap plastic chairs (dirty) and big old plywood dividers from the room next door - there was a lot of mold on the deck floor / ceiling above us. The TV was terrible - maybe 20+ year old 19" the speakers broke up when any volume was applied - we like to watch a little tv & it was not possible - in these modern days this should be considered an embarrassment - I travel a lot, and this is the 1st time I have seen a TV like this in years.....

Breakfast area was nice enough - but you needed a key to get in, not what I normally find at Choice hotels - had to go back and get one... Check in was nice, they got us in early - w

Room Tip: Building 3 had closer parking -
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple