“Okay for a night”

Quality Inn and Suites Capitola By the Sea
Ranked #3 of 4 Capitola B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Flew into San Jose late one night and had business about 100 miles away. I split the difference and spent the night at this hotel. I was quite surprised during check-in when the desk lady would not allow me into the lobby, I had to pass my credit card and ID through a small hole. In all my years of travel, I have never had to do this . . . and it was only 10 pm??? The room was okay, bath was huge, the TV had DirecTV with more channels than I could count. No workout area, but the Fairfield Inn down the road gave me access to their fitness center the next morning. Overall, this place is okay, I may have given it a higher rating had I not had to wait outside during check-in.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here multiple times over the last few years. We live about 50 minutes away and stay here when we come to capitola. I think they have done a lot of improvements since it has become a quality inn property. Before that it was probably a three star property. We try to go to capitola during the art and wine festival and hot rod car show. The hotel is about three miles from the beach. But during the summer the free beach shuttle, which stops at the hotel driveway, takes you right to the beach. Usually two shuttles running, and drops you off and picks you up every 15 to 20 minutes. And runs until 8pm. Which is great if you want to have a few drinks by the beach, and you don't want to drive.
Overall the hotel is clean and they try to make you feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Stayed here a cou[le of times over the past year. The area and setting is nice. The facilities were clean but showing its age. Staff was pleasant. I would stay again but don't set your expectations to high. They just need to update.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

Very cozy rooms definitely will be back. Great view, your own little patio. Each room feels secluded. Location is great. Shopping close by. Good food near. Pool and jacuzzi close by. Very friendly at desk b

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank jhakajh
Reviewed 29 July 2013

It is the little things that matter when you travel. On Saturday afternoon I went down to use the computer to print tickets to the boardwalk. The computer is EXTREMELY outdated. It literally, I watched the clock, took me 7 minutes just to sign into my email. I tried to print the tickets and after 5 minutes of waiting I gave up and asked the front desk for help. The girl came over and said that I needed to turn the printer on. I said actually no, I have not even been able to hit print yet because the computer runs so slow. I asked her if she could print them for me, reasonable I think, and her response was to tell me that this printer works. That's great that it works, but the computer is so slow that it will not load. I again asked her if she could print them for me and she brushed me off and said that this computer was for guest use. In the end I had to drive over to FedEx Office to print my tickets. When we are paying $200 a night for a hotel room I would expect that the printer would work.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank whitelily12
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My sister stayed here (I treated her) last Easter and I should review this motel because I was there every day although I did not spend the nite. The staff is the best part about this inn. I heard alot of noise from people upstairs and was concerned and called the front desk. They immediately offered us another room free of charge. We left to go have dinner and during that time they had set up another room . They always had a friendly word and came across as very professional. As for the rooms, they were clean but a bit plain and motelish. Nothing charming here just the basics. Spacious however, not cramped like some motels.
The location is good if you don't mind a good walk to the beach. Just cross the street to the Shopping
Center and there is a park with a trail that leads to Warf Road which goes right down to Capitola Village. It takes about 15 minutes if you walk fast more if you are slower. Save on parking this way because it can be pricey in the village.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My whole family spent the night at this hotel for 4th of July. The general appearance gave a feeling of staying at a high-end hotel. Beautiful grounds, immaculate rooms, comfortable beds. Very quiet. The Front Desk staff was very friendly and professional. The Continental breakfast was more than adequate, with a lovely outdoor setting for those who enjoy dining al fresco. As far as negatives go, I didn't like the fact that there were no elevators to our rooms, and we had to use outdoor stairways. A facility that nice should go the extra mile. Also the TV's were small and outdated. The location was great and we liked having use of the Shuttle. Unfortunately the Shuttle is only available on Holidays and weekends, which is a negative for weekday travelers. All and all, I'd recommend it to my friends and I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitola
Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites
Best Western Seacliff Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 54 in Santa Cruz

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Capitola By the Sea? Share your experiences!