“Nice Stay for a Reasonable Price”

Quality Inn and Suites Capitola By the Sea
Ranked #3 of 4 Capitola B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel was set a bit off the beaten path, but still close to the freeway. The room was nice enough for the price and quite clean. Bed was comfortable. The staff was pleasant. The area felt safe, which I appreciate when I'm traveling alone on business. Will consider another stay the next time I'm in the area on business.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JudyTheGypsy

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My daughter went to UC Santa Cruz, and we used to stay in this hotel a lot (it was the Capitola Inn then).

We were in town for a wedding, and decided to stay there again.

The clerk at reception was great - very helpful. The beds are comfortable. There was good hot water and wi-fi.

The floor in our bathroom was very sticky - I requested that they scrub it, and they did (somewhat poorly). A lamp by the bed did not work, and I had to ask them twice to fix it.

They have done a super job with their landscaping. We really enjoyed the flowers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BillPom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We just stayed at the Quality Inn this past week as we were in town to meet with some friends. The Front Desk person was nice. The room appeared clean with no issues. We then went out and came back at 10pm. My wife pulled the covers back and on the bed there was a pair of women's dirty underwear between the top and bottom sheet. This meant the sheets were never changed and that the housekeeper had just made up the bed to look as if it had been changed. I informed the front desk person who was nice and they apologized then moved us to another room---The second room had the seams to the carpet coming apart which shows a lack of maintenance. They did give us a bottle of wine at the end of our stay and again apologized. As I said the people were nice but I will never go back.

Room Tip: One room had dirty Linen and the other room had rips in the carpet---so I would not be able to give...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Price made me choose but by far I would recommend beause of Excellent staff and Clean accomadations.. Beautiful gardens,quiet , excellent location, friendly caring staff from front desk , breakfast staff and cleaning staff. I recommend to all go relax and enjoy yourself.

Room Tip: I loved blg 4 room upstairs was private and close too
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent 1 night at this centrally located hotel just off Highway 1. The property is up on a little hill away from the street backing up to a neighborhood and very quiet. It is only a few blocks walk from a small shopping center with a Nob Hill foods and Starbucks and only a short drive to the main shopping are of Capitola. The 2nd floor room furnishings were average but the beds were comfortable and overall the room was a good size with every room having it's own balcony.The sliding glass door to the tiny balcony in room 123 needs repair as it was a struggle to latch the door although not a real theft issue due to location. The in room fridge made a tapping sound as it turned on and off during the night. The hotel landscaping needs to be completed as there were numerous projects left half finished throughout the property. The biggest surprise came with the complimentary breakfast which included make your own waffles, eggs and sausage as well as numerous cold selections. The dining area was clean, cozy and convenient to our room. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed here on several occasions for business. There are several restaurants within walking distance. The beach is close enough that you could walk....if you were so inclined (maybe 1.5 miles?). Peets Roast and grocery store very close. If you have children and you don't want to have to drive far to get all your needs then this is a great place to stay.
Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed here for one night on business in April. I used Hotwire and got a price of $90 plus tax, a pretty good rate for this area. The stay was nice. The room was a little small and there was a large stain on the bedspread. I was on the second floor and there are no elevators. I had a nice, small balcony and opened up the door to let in the fresh air. There was no screen and I didn't think anything about it until a pretty large wasp came in for a visit. I was pretty scared and spent about 5 minutes locked in the bathroom trying to decide what to do. Eventually it flew out and I was forced to close the door, which was a shame, because the fresh air was so nice. I was also near the pool area and the noise was noticeable. But I can't complain because it was around Spring Break time. I slept pretty well, there wasn't much freeway noise as others have described. There was a child who I could hear pretty loudly in the hallway but when they went into their room, I didn't hear it much.
The best things about this room: affordable, the room had a fridge and microwave which was great, the water pressure in the shower was better than most other hotels I stay at (this must just be a thing with me, but I really appreciate good water pressure) and the area was super nice. I took a jog down to the Capitola Village and back. There is a grocery store, a drug store, and a fabulous bakery (Gayles' bakery) within walking distance. And it's just off the freeway. If you can get a good price for this place, it's a nice stay.

Room Tip: If you choose a second floor, just remember there are no elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank uclachexican
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitola
1 mi away
Best Western Plus All Suites Inn
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#9 of 54 in Santa Cruz

Been to Quality Inn and Suites Capitola By the Sea? Share your experiences!