“Great Hamburgers”
Review of Zelda's

Zelda's
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelda's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 106 Restaurants in Capitola
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Vacaville, California
“Great Hamburgers”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We love going to Zelda's and sitting outside on their patio, the food and customer service are great, and you can't beat the view

Visited October 2012

Fresno, California
“We Enjoyed our Breakfast”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Wish 3.5 stars was an option -

We ate breakfast here on a recent mini-vacation to the coast. We loved our seat by the window - with an ocean view. Our server was incredible!!! Very polite, helpful, and attentive. She was truly exceptional.

I ordered an omelet - spinach, cheese, and mushroom, and like another reviewer shared, I was taken aback when it arrived - it looked like a scramble (which I don't like!) folded over. But . . . when in Rome . .. . As shared previously, our server was attentive and noticed my "look." She asked if everything was OK - and I told her my concern. There really wasn't anything she could do about it - that's how they do omelets. Well, bottom line, it was VERY good, and the eggs were not at all dry or over cooked on too high of a temperature. The spinach was nicely done, as were the mushrooms. It came w/2 pieces of toast. There is the packaged jam on the table; I was able to ask for honey and received a couples little packets of that. My husband enjoyed finishing what I hadn't eaten.

My husband ordered oatmeal. While the oatmeal was OK, he was disappointed, as he had to get an entire bowl of it and only wanted a cup. As we were finishing our meal our server did return saying the manager was in and next she'd check with him/her re:the smaller order of oatmeal so that next time if someone asked for it, she'd know if it was OK to do a cup and how to key it in on the register. (It's sad when customers are made to conform to the computer/machines! Not the server's fault.) My husband ate 1/2 of the bowl of oatmeal. It would have been nice if that would have been addressed even at the end of our meal - and a reduced price for that (or comped?)

Sacramento, California
“caveat emptor”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

If you want to sit outside & enjoy the beach you'll be pleased. However, we found the food to be mediocre, at best. We were there 1st thing when they opened, so it was not crowded. We had breakfast & ordered omelets - what we were served was dry, over-cooked scrambled eggs that had been folded over the "stuffing" ingredients. We couldn't see or taste the cheese that was supposed to be one of the ingredients. We were informed that toast or bread isn't served, but we were provided with warm blueberry muffins. The potatoes were barely warm, and the server never came to check on us or refill our beverages. She was, however, johnny-on-the-spot with the bill.

1 Thank Nickie B
Truckee, California
“Great view, good food”
Reviewed 13 August 2013 via mobile

We visit Capitola almost every year for a few days in the summer. If you come for lunch, enjoy the patio. In the summer, on the weekends, there is live music on patio. Today, we enjoyed dinner, inside, at the window with an awesome view. I had a mixed green salad that was garnished with sliced apples, blue cheese, and candied walnuts. My husband and daughter enjoyed the scallop and sirloin special (no veggies just starch). My other daughter ordered seared ahi tuna. She was still had room for dessert, so we ordered a mile high mud pie - we each asked if we could have a small bite. Well be warned - that dessert is the size of a 4 serving Baskin Robin ice cream cake! We struggled to finish it then realized it was $7 and didn't feel so bad leaving $2 of it behind.
The view is great. We made sure to sit at an uninstructed view table. If you plan on having dinner on the patio - bring a blanket, wear pants, bring a jacket, gloves, hat, and enjoy the ocean breeze! It is the perfect spot to take in Capitola and the beach.

Bountiful, Utah
“Capitols by the Sea”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Food was basic but good. Waitress's really not into service, they take order carry it from kitchen to you. But, they don't have to do much because of the location. Had breakfast and on another day lunch. Just seems to be a good hangout. Price was good for the food prep and the service in a beautiful little town.

It might be hard to get good help in this beach town.

• Visited August 2013

Been to Zelda's? Share your experiences!