“Happy Hour by the Water”
Review of Zelda's

Zelda's
Reserve with OpenTable
Zelda's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 109 Restaurants in Capitola
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We spent a few hours one afternoon touring Capitola. The highlight of the day was Zelda's by the Beach. We loved the outdoor atmosphere and the family friendly service and staff. The coconut prawns were pretty good. They served 5 pieces. We also had Bruschetta, which was on very crunchy bread with very little cheese. We didn't eat it all. Secondarily, we ordered a steak salad. The waiter seemed a bit harried as he forgot to eliminate the Vinaigrette and substitute blue cheese. I ordered the sparkling Margarita which was a bit flat. The second was sparkling, but had little tequila. I guess it's one or the other. My son in law ordered something with Volcano or Lava in the name that was sweet and delicious. It all turned out OK. The afternoon was beautiful and the location is prime. Would go again.

1  Thank Dedi S

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Zelda's is treat. Our Sunday brunch-time visit found the place about a quarter full. We were promptly seated at a window table overlooking beach, surf and pier on a sunny day.

Looking around inside, I noted a steady parade of waitpersons lugging cases of beer from storage to a convenient area adjacent to the long bar, as the pretty bartender gave directions. You know this is a serious watering hole based just on the evidence of several dozen top brand cases cued for duty later in the day.

Our group also noted that the barkeep wasn't the only eye candy. In fact, attractiveness seems to be a rule at Zeldas, be it female or male. Pretty wait staff!

And really good food. Each of us ordered a different preparation. I went for the Mex frittata. And in its excellence it represented all our selections. Great pancakes, perfectly cooked eggs, quality country-fried potatoes with just the right seasonings. The menu isn't huge so no anxiety about choices here. But, darn, I wish Zelda's was closer to home so I could ogle and eat more often.

BTW, the prices were really reasonable. How nice is that!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We love this place for breakfast. Food is fresh, great coffee from Santa Cruz Roasting Co.& perfect Bloody Mary's.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Breaded food too thickly done; service is minimally average. Restaurant is known for its outside seating, but it is crowded and not good umbrellas to shield the sun.

1  Thank Wiggins2006
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We sat outdoors and enjoyed a leisurely casual lunch. Mahi was frozen (the waitress had told us so in advance when we asked) but I've had better. I guess the food is secondary to the view and vibe.