“Great Romantic Get Away”
Review of Capitola Hotel

Capitola Hotel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Capitola
jamestown
“Great Romantic Get Away”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

It my first time to Capitola and I wasn't sure what to expect. When we arrived, parking was a little chaotic...we weren't thrilled about that, however, the hotel offers for an additional $15.00 per day, a parking spot that is just a couple of streets over. If you stay more than day, especially on a weekend you should opt for the parking permit for the first day and use the parking permit that is included with your hotel rate the 2nd day, that is unless you plan on doing a lot of driving, because once you leave it might be difficult to find a parking spot once you return, but once the town dies down there is a lot of parking available. As for the hotel...the room was small but very clean. They did have other rooms that were much larger but we wanted the one overlooking the Esplanade, which was a little noisy in the morning because of all the service vehicles, but overall was bearable. The staff was very friendly, as well as accommodating. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: If you want less street noise get a room towards the back of the hotel
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I booked a room for a weekend (off-season) and was absolutely delighted with the warm reception, the spectacular location, and the immaculate room. (Not large, not fancy.... but I care more about "clean".) I also appreciated the advance notice about parking and the reserved space that was waiting for me just a short distance from the hotel. (You can forget about parking in this town if you don't have a reserved space. It's $15 per night and worth every penny.) Unfortunately, a family emergency forced me to leave the hotel in the middle of the first night to head for home. I left in a hurry at 4:30 AM, forgetting to take some electronic devices that were charging in the bathroom, and I left a note at the desk for the staff to let them know that I would not return (and that I expected to be charged for both nights). Three hours later, while driving home, I received a call from the hotel to let me know that: (a) my electronics would be sent to me; and (b) they had already re-rented my room, and the money I had paid for the second night would be refunded to my credit card. WOW! What a way to run a business.

The Capitola Hotel is not fancy, but it's clean. It's not "grand", but it's authentic. And the service is personal. REALLY personal. The beach, the restaurants, the shops are all just steps away. It may get noisy "in season", but I never heard a peep out of anyone (late March). Hey, it's a beach town. What do you expect?

Room Tip: I only saw my room, which fronted directly on the street. There wasn't a soul on the street afte...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Had to use some airline credits so decided to head down to Capitola for the weekend. Busy little place in the summer. Just right in the off season. Stayed at the Capitola Hotel right in downtown. Super location. Booked the Grand Bahama rom which is their largest and what we would suggest. Large, clean room. Hotel is small with six rooms total. Walls are a little thin so they provide ear plugs. We didn't need them but in summer you would. Would go back in a heart beat!

Room Tip: Ask for the Grand Bahama
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank knscott
East Anglia
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Hadn't planned to stop in Capitola, but were pleasantly surprised. After a couple of passes around the town opted for the Capitola Hotel, really friendly staff. The hotel itself was very clean and had a really nice side entrance where you could sit and drink and catch the setting sun. It's positioned not far from the beach and right in the centre of town. In the morning I had aquired a citation for parking in a loading area, staff in hotel were great even to the extent that I was given the name and number of the lady in the fines dept. to ring personally. Didn't do any good still had to pay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 December 2012

This was our last stop on our Anniversary road trip. This hotel couldn't be cuter. Capitola is so quaint and beautiful and Capitola Hotel is smack dab in the middle of town. We stayed here on the off season so I'm not sure what it's like in the summer, but in September...it's GORGEOUS. The hotel is small and sweet, the decor is tasteful and clean, the staff is friendly. We had a very nice time.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the top floor it's called: Grand Bahama
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PamelaJaneF
Reviewed 5 October 2012

We only stayed one night. No surprises with our room it was as shown on website. Spotlessly clean and modern fittings. Just found it (the accommodation and Capitola generally) all a bit "twee" and precious. The weather for us was unseasonably cold so beach and sea not too appealing. Would recommend Mexican restaurant round the corner close to sea front. Don't rely on hotel continental breakfast - they would be better not bothering as if makes them look cheap.

• Stayed September 2012
tracy ca
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Great location to beach and all activites in Capitola.Front staff was very nice and helpful.
The rooms are very small and really hot at night.We had a wedding at Shadowbrook and they called the schuttle to pick us up.Like I said ,very helpful.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank cavino100
Also consider these accommodations in or near Capitola
Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites
#2 of 6 in Aptos
Monarch Cove Inn
Monarch Cove Inn
#1 of 4 in Capitola

Been to Capitola Hotel? Share your experiences!