“Fantastic Little Gem”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

Because of the reviews we decided to try this place on our last night on CA. Wow. It was fantastic. I would definitely recommend trying this hidden gem for a great Italian meal.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

After driving from Santa Barbara we were ready to go for a walk and find a good dinner. After reading the reviews we decided to try Caruso's Tuscan Cuisine. We were greeted warmly and had a nice table outside which was in the sun and sheltered from the people walking by as well as the wind. The service was very good with lots of specials to choose from. The food was very good. We would highly recommend going to this restaurant.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

We had a lovely meal on the last day of our vacation in Captiloa. David was a wonderful host and the food was fresh and tasty. We tried a little of everything with a family of six and everyone went away satisfied. Would definitely stop my again when in the neighborhood. It is small so we felt lucky to be seated and served quickly on a Friday night.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Stopped in on a Sunday night. I went for the oven baked pizza, my wife chose the seafood risotto. Both were very good as were our salads. David's parents were in town from Italy so we got to chat with them (through David as they spoke little or no english). David and his staff are very personable. I think only about 8 tables so make a reservation or go on an off night. Will be back the next time in the area.

Reviewed 19 February 2013

My husband and I walked over to Caruso's in Capitola-by-the-sea on Friday night on the recommendation of other Trip Advior reviewers. Were so glad we did. As others have said, this is a tiny hole in the wall restaurant, only about 6 tables and a TV mounted up in the corner playing Italian Game shows. But it oozes charm and personality and the owner is a delight and spends his time out on the floor talking to his customers and making sure everyone has what they need. He told us that he gets all his ingredients fresh every morning and that is certainly reflected in the flavours of your plate that evening! I had the Lobster Bisque and the Carpaccio (the best I've had) and my husband chose the Bacon wrapped sea scallops in a Basil cream sauce with roasted potatoes and garlic spinach. When you are first seated they bring you a basket of fresh homemade bread and a very, very delicious garlic infused oil to dip in. With a full bottle of wine, dinner and tip the bill came to $84. Worth every penny.