“Nice Lunch Spot”

Good for: Child-friendly
Alexandria, Virginia
“Nice Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Having only visited once, I can't account for the widely varying reviews of this restaurant. All I can offer is that my sister and brother in-law, who live in the South Bay, love this place, and I had a pleasant enough experience. I had the Eternal Sunshine Roll and the Oregon Roll, which together were plenty for lunch. Both were good, not great. The sushi was made very well - formed right, held together, right size, artfully presented, visually pleasing. Just not super delicious. But the service is very good - helpful, friendly, and attentive; the ambience is casual and relaxing, with a beautiful garden to look at while eating; and the prices are reasonable... so overall I was pleased and would return.
It was the first time I'd ever ordered special rolls; previously I'd only ever ordered menu assortments of nigiri and maki-zushi (and, being Japanese American, I've eaten sushi all my life) - so I don't feel comfortable passing judgment based only on a single experience of something I don't normally order. I have no hesitation in recommending a visit.

• Visited April 2013

Santa Cruz, California
“Best Sushi in the area!”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is where the locals eat! Sushi Garden is an experience. The food is fantastic and the servers and friendly and fun. We love going here. In the summer the wait can be long, but its always worth it. We tend to go for an early dinner to beat the rush.

Our favorite rolls are the Disney, Eternal Sunshine, Regulator, & La Selva...to start with. Ask your server for their favorites and they won't steer you wrong. Nicole, Randy & Lindsay are all awesome and have been there for years, they will take good care of you!

We love Sushi Garden and typically eat here weekly!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Lynn B
santa cruz ca
“a very sad change”
Reviewed 22 December 2008

On 12/20/08 we had our last sushi here after 11 years.
The Maguro and Hamachi were frozen!!!!! The chef said yes it was frozen.
That is not acceptable to any sushi lover.
Regards, Pete

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Our fave sushi joint. The beef kushiyaki rocks.”
Reviewed 30 July 2008

Our fave sushi joint. The beef kushiyaki rocks.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“last time i went, the sushi hurt my stomach. good tempura though”
Reviewed 31 March 2008

last time i went, the sushi hurt my stomach. good tempura though

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook