“Perfect tempura and great lunch specials!”
Review of Sushi Garden

Sushi Garden
Ranked #9 of 106 Restaurants in Capitola
Cuisines: Sushi
Central Coast California
“Perfect tempura and great lunch specials!”
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I go to Sushi Garden 3-4 times a month for their great lunch specials. A small bowl of edamame is set down on the table with your waters, gratis, as well as tea upon request. The lunch special has many choices including tempura, beef, chicken, pork, salmon and others. The bento has two or three choices from the list and includes miso soup, salad, rice, two pieces of roll sushi and pickled radish for 10-12$. The tempura comes hot, light and crunchy every time. Excellent value and a pretty little patio and koi pond outside make this sunny location a regular stop for me. Slightly tricky to find in a small office park across from Nob Hill on Bay Ave in Capitola. I take friends all the time and go alone often as well.

• Visited July 2013

Santa Cruz, California
“Crazy California Sushi!”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

This places offers the most crazy types of Sushi! Only in California! Our young adult children love this place. I like it but the Sushi is too strange for me. I don't even know how to describe the different Sushi rolls they offer. The menu is complicated. Google it if you can. I do highly recommend this place if you have not been you gotta go try it for yourself. I like the more tradition Sushi rolls which they do offer but somehow I always get talked into one of their creations!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank forevergypsy60
San Jose, California
“Excellent Sushi and Service”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

I have eaten at Sushi Garden many times and have never been disappointed in the quality of the Sushi. Very fresh and innovative rolls. The Eternal Sushine is very nice and they slice the lemon so thin it only has one side! Great service as well.

• Visited June 2012
Alexandria, Virginia
“Nice Lunch Spot”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Having only visited once, I can't account for the widely varying reviews of this restaurant. All I can offer is that my sister and brother in-law, who live in the South Bay, love this place, and I had a pleasant enough experience. I had the Eternal Sunshine Roll and the Oregon Roll, which together were plenty for lunch. Both were good, not great. The sushi was made very well - formed right, held together, right size, artfully presented, visually pleasing. Just not super delicious. But the service is very good - helpful, friendly, and attentive; the ambience is casual and relaxing, with a beautiful garden to look at while eating; and the prices are reasonable... so overall I was pleased and would return.
It was the first time I'd ever ordered special rolls; previously I'd only ever ordered menu assortments of nigiri and maki-zushi (and, being Japanese American, I've eaten sushi all my life) - so I don't feel comfortable passing judgment based only on a single experience of something I don't normally order. I have no hesitation in recommending a visit.

• Visited April 2013
Santa Cruz, California
“Best Sushi in the area!”
Reviewed 2 October 2012

This is where the locals eat! Sushi Garden is an experience. The food is fantastic and the servers and friendly and fun. We love going here. In the summer the wait can be long, but its always worth it. We tend to go for an early dinner to beat the rush.

Our favorite rolls are the Disney, Eternal Sunshine, Regulator, & La Selva...to start with. Ask your server for their favorites and they won't steer you wrong. Nicole, Randy & Lindsay are all awesome and have been there for years, they will take good care of you!

We love Sushi Garden and typically eat here weekly!

• Visited September 2012