All reviewssanta cruzmini suitewafflescookiesmovie theatergreat place to stayhard boiled eggspool and hot tubrooms are nicebreakfast sandwichpleasure pointwithin walking distancehome away from homebreakfast roomfront desk staffstayed nightsshort drive
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel was quiet, clean, comfortable, and affordable. In the heart of a lot of businesses. Close to the freeway. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. Great breakfast. Felt very secure in the parking area. Nice, helpful staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jason R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Carole,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with the world. I'm glad that you found our hotel so convenient and secure. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This hotel is the best we have stayed at. Personnel friendly, helpful and professional. Accommodations were excellent. Continental breakfast area spacious and clean. Well situated close to Santa Cruz without having to stay in the congestion of Santa Cruz. Definitely would recommend staying there.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Jason R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Lee,

I'm so glad you enjoyed staying with us. Next time you are coming back to the Capitola/Santa Cruz area give us a call directly to book your reservations. We'll be thrilled to have you back again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Nice clean luxury hotel. Modern rooms. Prices on the higher side, but worth every penny. All the amenities you need. Friendly, cooperative staff. Great location. Easy parking behind hotel. Great breakfast. Restaurants and shops nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Gabriel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thought on our hotel with everyone else. You are correct that compared to the other Best Western hotels in this area, we do tend to priced a little bit higher. But as you indicated, the value for price paid is very high. Thanks again and we'll hope to see you again.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

My husband & I do a lot of traveling & stay at some of the finest hotels. We had a situation come up & stayed at the Best Western Capitola for almost 2 weeks. I have to say that if all the Best Westerns were as nice & accommodating as the Capitola location we would always book with BW.
The front desk is a 5 STAR+, they went the extra mile to be sure that we were taking care of.
So many of the big hotels just do their job, maybe sometimes with just a smile.
The rooms & the grounds at the Capitola location were perfect.
Jason (the General Manager) has done a great job running this Best Western. I can't say enough about the staff, except a personal Thank You to Christine, Debbie, Blave, Steve, & Robert.
Anyone, who comes to Santa Cruz County would be very pleased to stay at this Inn & Suites. I wouldn't recommend any place else here & I'm a born & raised local to Santa Cruz.

Room Tip: There are only 2 story's at this Best Western, & our room was perfect.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jason R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2014

Diana,

I want to thank you personally. I made sure that our entire staff read your review and they are absolutely beaming. We will continue to do everything we can to provide the best possible service and we hope to see you again soon. Your kind words have made our day. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This stay started out great...and got better and better. Clean, new room...quiet...very friendly and helpful staff...free breakfast...great treadmill...Seattle's Best coffee all day...great location. The capper was they let me take my pillow for free (I offered to pay) as I have a neck issue and was traveling a few more days in CA. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Jason R, General Manager at Best Western Plus Capitola By-The-Sea Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Alexis,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure having you with us and we'll look forward to your next visit.