“Stellar breakfast menu”

Dining options: Reservations
Wellsville, New York
“Stellar breakfast menu”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

We ate breakfast on a whim when we went out as a couple for a morning walk and described it in such rhapsodic terms that our group insisted we return the next day! I especially recommend the Eggs Sardou. Husband found the smoked salmon to be a little too salty and avoided the next day, but enjoyed both of his meals, too.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank ShellyD862

Santa Cruz, California, United States
“I can't imagine I'd go back...”
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I have such fond, good memories of this restaurant in 1998. Sadly, it's really tanked since then. It's a shame because the location is amazing and the pier moves so you get the sensation of being on the ocean. Alas, that's the best part.

I grabbed a Groupon that brought me back (actually made me remember to go, it's a bit of a struggle to deal with Capitola parking and crowds and Iive here!). We negotiated all the challenges and made our way out to find the place dirty, uncomfortable and the service rather rough. The food was similarly poor - chowder was lumpy and too think (and tasted a little funny - might have been lemon). The fish and chips a bit less than ordinary, Caesar salad was lemony too. Mom got the pasta - which was overflowing - much like one might expect at the dining commons at the dorms. Not too appetizing but she said it was good.

The flies in the restaurant were thick and we had a visit from a pier pigeon (yes, indoors). It's such a shame because it could be such a great space. The food used to be outstanding. Don't know what happened but I would probably not plan on eating here. A drink might be a great idea on their upstairs bar/deck. You get the view and can eat at one of the other great places in the Village.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank JenCarole
JACKSON
“Great margaritas!”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I used to live up the street but I had never visited the Wharf House before. We had lunch there and it was great. The staff is super cheerful and they make a great margarita. There is something great about sitting way out there on the wharf! We had to help the staff capture a bird that flew in by mistake. Lunch and an adventure!

Visited October 2012
Santa Cruz, California
“Great location - everything else was a downer”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I had a Groupon and a friend from out of town, so I figured I show him a great ocean view while we ate on the pier.

The waitresses were deliberately rude. One of them huffed and made a grunting sound over reminding them that we ordered coffee.

I'm always on a hunt for quality fish and chips and ordered the fisherman's basket with cod, clam strips and breaded calamari. The cod was acceptably previously frozen; no hand-battered stuff here. What was being called calamari was the worst I've ever had. The clam strips were as good as frozen clam strips can get.

I always tip well, and even though our servers were just plain unfriendly, we were still going to leave over 20%. I appears that the staff had covered this fact for us by including 20% in the bill and not telling us. We had to ask about the "service fee" on the bill. I will never go back. Too bad that this place has one of the best locations in the area and serves up less-than-average food with rude service.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Smudge R
JACKSON
“Super fun and really friendly”
Reviewed 11 October 2012

we have eaten at the Wharf house twice now. Once for lunch and once for breakfast. The food is great and it's right at the end of the wharf so it's a really cool location. The staff is super friendly.

• Visited October 2012