“Consistently Good!”

Thai Basil
Ranked #37 of 109 Restaurants in Capitola
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I've been to Thai Basil 3 times now, and each time it has been very good. It's been awhile since I've been there, so I'm afraid my memory on exactly what I had each time. The decor is tasteful and the ambiance feels like Thailand. It's a nice place to go with your sweetheart, friends, or family. There are a few seats available on nice days/eveining on the outside patio as well. If you like Thai, you'll like Thai Basil!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This place is awful. Absolutely awful. I just had one of the worst food-related experiences here. I ordered 2 pad thai for pickup at 5pm, and was told twice that it would be ready in 25 minutes. I got hung up on my way so arrived about 40 minutes later, at 5:40. They told me they hadn't started cooking it yet. I asked why this happened and explained that I am on a schedule, and this is not good business, and they said was "there were customers before you who ordered first". I was furious but said we would wait. After 5 more minutes the incredibly rude woman there said they would not make my order. At this point I was with my son just looking in the fish tank just waiting. She just walked over and said they were not going to make my order. Of course I asked why... No explanation except for "there's too much pressure". I was furious.

We live right up the street in Capitola and my wife used to go there a lot a few years ago. But we will never ever go back and I recommend you avoid this place. I can't review the food, but the service is the worst I have ever seen at a Thai restaurant. Generally they are very pleasant. But this place employs the most rude and careless people in Capitola.

AVOID!!!

1  Thank bpm3
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Read the reviews, so felt very comfortable about having lunch with my family at Thai basil. The place is small with about 10 tables inside and 2 large outside tables. The decoration is warm and welcoming, with 2 beautiful aquariums inside. The waitress was very nice and provided great recommendations. My husband had the green curry chicken and I had the eggplant wok. It was divine. The presentation, portion, taste.....so delicious. The kids shared a chicken broccoli dish and a large soup with udon pasta, chicken and basil. I would strongly recommend Thai basil to anyone who expects nothing than the best!

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Tripadvisor was really on the money with this dynamite little restaurant. We came at an off time so we had a table. Mom and I had the daily soup and a couple of curry dishes. What a surprise!
I love their sauces. I'll tell you how good they are. If they were down the street from my house I would probably be there 3 or 4 times a week. Parking may be a problem, but it is worth the walk. Go.

Reviewed 29 April 2013 via mobile

Don't expect a fancy restaurant here, but the food is excellent and the service good. It's a tiny restaurant that does a lot of takeaway so you may not find it easy to get a table. Formica table tops, no table cloths! Prices are very reasonable. If you like Thai food this a good place to go in Capitola.