“Our Secret Spot”

Ranked #21 of 106 Restaurants in Capitola
Berlin, Maryland
“Our Secret Spot”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Sweet Pea's Cafe is near and dear to my heart, as is my stomach. They've been doing sweet and savory crepes since way before the concept caught on in the US and all of their sandwiches are fantastic. I know the owner's been having some challenges with the staff, but every meal we've had there is superb. Darn it, I'm getting hungry just writing about their food. For a cafe, their variety of foods provides a lot of good options for a group of picky eaters (i.e. my kids).

We've been going to their Los Gatos location since it opened and always try to drop into one of the Sweet Pea's when we're in that part of the world.

• Visited October 2011

Aptos, California
“cozy,with locals”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

good food,generous portions. small place in a nook,the buiding(s) have afew other businesses so you have to hunt allittle. watch the cook--interesting "wall art".i had an unusaul omlette,very filling.

• Visited April 2012
San Francisco, California
“good food AWFUL service!!!”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have been going to this place for years. I guess the owner just hired the wrong people because customer service was awful last time we went there. The young brunette seemed frazzled, and not friendly at all. They totally messed up our order. My husband went to check on the order after about 20 minutes. The girl at the register just brushed him off saying that "there were others before us" instead of looking into what happened to our food. A few minutes later I went inside and asked and she finally figured out that our order was never made. First she thought that someone else got our food so she ran outside and started asking customers about it. I thought that was stupid like she is going to grab their plate and give it to us? Anyway, she NEVER APOLOGIZED FOR THE MISTAKE that she made by placing our check into the 'done' pile. Everyone around us already ate their food and left by the time we got ours. They managed to mess up another family's order right next to us . Maybe it would be a good idea to screen people before hiring them for better coordination and organization skills. There were at least twice as many cooks in the kitchen as well but the speed or the quality of their work did not seem to have improved. I don't think we will be back here anytime soon. She should have said sorry at the LEAST. I would have given 1 star only but the food is excellent but the service will drive customers away very soon!

• Visited May 2012
Watsonville, California
“Nutella Crepe”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Nice little cafe tucked into a strip mall near the Capitola Mall. I have tried the omelets, several crepes and they are very tasty. They have interesting sandwiches, quiche and soup if you don't want breakfast.

• Visited February 2012
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Love this place. You can...”
Reviewed 6 March 2008

Love this place. You can watch the cook's make your lunch! Great food, nice bright cheerful atmosphere.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook