“Only you have time to burn...”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sweet Pea's Cafe

Sweet Pea's Cafe
Ranked #20 of 106 Restaurants in Capitola
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Rio del Mar, California
“Only you have time to burn...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

Went there about a year ago. The employees couldn't care less about how long we waited to even be aknowledged by them. They were just yakking..once we ordered,it took 23 minutes (yes I timed it) until we got our food. There were only 2 other customers at the time. Food was OK,nothing to write home about. Kind of pricey for what you get.Glad I had a restaurant.com voucher, I would have been way miffed to pay full price.

Visited January 2013

capitola
“Great food & gluten free selections!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012

Great place to eat breakfast or lunch. Wonderful, delicious crepes, and egg dishes and sandwiches! Quality ingredients ! So nice to have gluten free choices !

• Visited August 2012
Berlin, Maryland
“Our Secret Spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2012

Sweet Pea's Cafe is near and dear to my heart, as is my stomach. They've been doing sweet and savory crepes since way before the concept caught on in the US and all of their sandwiches are fantastic. I know the owner's been having some challenges with the staff, but every meal we've had there is superb. Darn it, I'm getting hungry just writing about their food. For a cafe, their variety of foods provides a lot of good options for a group of picky eaters (i.e. my kids).

We've been going to their Los Gatos location since it opened and always try to drop into one of the Sweet Pea's when we're in that part of the world.

• Visited October 2011
Aptos, California
“cozy,with locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

good food,generous portions. small place in a nook,the buiding(s) have afew other businesses so you have to hunt allittle. watch the cook--interesting "wall art".i had an unusaul omlette,very filling.

• Visited April 2012
San Francisco, California
“good food AWFUL service!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

We have been going to this place for years. I guess the owner just hired the wrong people because customer service was awful last time we went there. The young brunette seemed frazzled, and not friendly at all. They totally messed up our order. My husband went to check on the order after about 20 minutes. The girl at the register just brushed him off saying that "there were others before us" instead of looking into what happened to our food. A few minutes later I went inside and asked and she finally figured out that our order was never made. First she thought that someone else got our food so she ran outside and started asking customers about it. I thought that was stupid like she is going to grab their plate and give it to us? Anyway, she NEVER APOLOGIZED FOR THE MISTAKE that she made by placing our check into the 'done' pile. Everyone around us already ate their food and left by the time we got ours. They managed to mess up another family's order right next to us . Maybe it would be a good idea to screen people before hiring them for better coordination and organization skills. There were at least twice as many cooks in the kitchen as well but the speed or the quality of their work did not seem to have improved. I don't think we will be back here anytime soon. She should have said sorry at the LEAST. I would have given 1 star only but the food is excellent but the service will drive customers away very soon!

• Visited May 2012