“Not happy with today's lunch.”
Review of Sweet Pea's Cafe

Sweet Pea's Cafe
Ranked #22 of 106 Restaurants in Capitola
Palo Alto,CA
“Not happy with today's lunch.”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I have been to Sweet Pea's one other time and had the crepe's which we're good but today was a 50/50. I chose the half sandwich and soup combo because I wanted a light lunch. The butternut squash soup was very good but the half chicken salad sandwich was a disappointment. The bread was dry on one side but moist on the other. Guess I got the slice that was in the bag for awhile. As for the chicken salad it was only half filled on the bread. Cranberries and walnuts where there but hello, needed more of the chicken salad. Better choice for that kind of lunch in the area would be Gayle's or The Farm Bakery & Cafe.

• Visited April 2013

Rio del Mar, California
“Only you have time to burn...”
Reviewed 29 January 2013

Went there about a year ago. The employees couldn't care less about how long we waited to even be aknowledged by them. They were just yakking..once we ordered,it took 23 minutes (yes I timed it) until we got our food. There were only 2 other customers at the time. Food was OK,nothing to write home about. Kind of pricey for what you get.Glad I had a restaurant.com voucher, I would have been way miffed to pay full price.

Visited January 2013
capitola
“Great food & gluten free selections!”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Great place to eat breakfast or lunch. Wonderful, delicious crepes, and egg dishes and sandwiches! Quality ingredients ! So nice to have gluten free choices !

• Visited August 2012
Berlin, Maryland
“Our Secret Spot”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

Sweet Pea's Cafe is near and dear to my heart, as is my stomach. They've been doing sweet and savory crepes since way before the concept caught on in the US and all of their sandwiches are fantastic. I know the owner's been having some challenges with the staff, but every meal we've had there is superb. Darn it, I'm getting hungry just writing about their food. For a cafe, their variety of foods provides a lot of good options for a group of picky eaters (i.e. my kids).

We've been going to their Los Gatos location since it opened and always try to drop into one of the Sweet Pea's when we're in that part of the world.

• Visited October 2011
Aptos, California
“cozy,with locals”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

good food,generous portions. small place in a nook,the buiding(s) have afew other businesses so you have to hunt allittle. watch the cook--interesting "wall art".i had an unusaul omlette,very filling.

• Visited April 2012