“Great pub food kinda place”
Review of Rimel's

Rimel's
Cuisines: American
“Great pub food kinda place”
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for a group meal with others, so got to see a wide array of menu items. Salads are huge and nice helpings of add ins like Rotisserie Chkn, with great fresh fish sliders and Calamari! Ribs were fall off the bone, but highly sauced up (order sauce on the side) and just OK shrimp tacos so some items are great while others just OK. It is a bit dark and very pub like, so a good spot for casual, pub type food. Servers were attentive and efficient but could be more relaxed / friendly given the vibe of the place. For the right occasion, (group / fun evening out) I would certainly return

• Visited September 2013

San Diego, California
“Good food, Great Service”
Reviewed 22 July 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had a gift card to Zenbu/Rimel's so we decided to go on a date night. We sat on the Zenbu side. It is dark inside and great for a date. Our waitress was wonderful. She was attentive but also gave us our privacy. I'm pregnant so I couldn't try any of the sushi at Zenbu. I ordered the Wok Seared Bowl with Chicken from Rimel's. It was amazing. The chicken tasted slow cooked, with steamed vegetables and soft sticky Jasmine rice. Well worth the $15 and I have leftovers for lunch. My husband ordered the Eel Communication roll. It was a medium spicy level and the fish was fresh. For $18 he didn't feel it was worth the price.
I recommend this restaurant but just be ready to spend some money.

Visited July 2013
Carlsbad, California
“Mixed feelings”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Food was good, portions very large. I had the cesar salad and Baja fish tacos and both were good. They lose points for their website that wouldn't work well on either my pc or ipad. Who cares? I do. It is a reflection of their professionalism and causes me to wonder what else they are guessing at. Due to many mixed reviews, I'd say they are still working on success. I also had an issue with my bill that was kind of cheesy/borderline money grabbing. Strangely enough I felt the same way visiting Zenbu (next door, same company). I probably won't return unless invited.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Shaybly
San Diego
“So close to being great, but still give it a try to see for yourself.”
Reviewed 23 April 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch on a friend's recommendation. They had a decent looking menu with burgers, salads and typical entrees, but I had to try the 1/2 rotisserie chicken. For $14 it's a decent deal but I expected the meat not to be dry since it had been slow cooked on the bone. It came with two sides of jasmine rice which was slightly overlooked and black beans that were just ok. I think it might have been worth the extra dollar to sub out for the wok veggies and sweet Potato fries.
Service staff were super friendly and it has a decent sized patio for warm weather enjoyment. Surprised they didn't have draught beer and wine list is a little weak. I would go back in the future and give it another try.

• Visited April 2013
Del Mar, California
“Great local restaurant”
Reviewed 10 April 2013

We had a great family dinner here. Good food, friendly service. And prices are very reasonable. Salads were exceptional. Good selection of wines by the glass too.

• Visited March 2013