Open today: 10:00 - 19:00

More Info
from US$298.00
More Info
8,007 results
All reviews lego land apple fries theme park roller coaster fun town year olds water park is lego fans wait times entire park great for kids great park day pass san diego legos ride miniland
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 October 2019

Legoland is so hyped up, even after the myriad of reviews that I read. Regardless, I still wanted to take my boys there since they love all things Lego (esp. Ninjago). I ended up booking the Legoland Hotel which included the Legoland Resort - we stayed for 4 nights/5 days. I highly recommend reading all you can on the Legoland Hotel website about things to know before coming, etc. and to read all the reviews you can so that you can plan accordingly with your family.

HOTEL: the interactive elements and little surprises (elevator, whoopee cushion, nightly dance parties, going to the 2nd/3rd floors to find little window holes overlooking the main hotel area, the AMAZING breakfast buffet, and that it was nice to be able to come back to a hotel to rest up between the day). We did book a stay in the fully themed Ninjago room, and that was impressive for decor. Room also had a safe, but definitely not enough drawers and hangers even for a family of 3. Granted, we like to unpack if we are staying longer than 1-2 days, so that is 100% personal preference. We didn't get much pool time with our stay as the pool is only open until 7 pm (due to being an outdoor pool/safety?). So if pool is a must, I would recommend planning them into pre or post breakfast or pre-dinner swims. They advertise the 'early admission' bracelet when you book a stay with Legoland, but it only grants access to the park early and only a few rides are open at that time, so for us, it really didn't add must benefit (we didn't use them...but carried them around the first day as I thought my boys had to wear them to get in). Plus..those snap bracelets get annoying pretty quick. Pretty sure I told my kids to stop snapping them and just leave them on their wrists. The rooms also come with a small bin of lego bricks, but my boys (8 & 4) would've enjoyed having other types of lego pieces to fuel their creativity. Minor. One big thing to note is my suitcase handle broke from wear and tear, and I had called concierge to acquire a screwdriver so that I could remove the handle. Uday A. came to help me out, and ended up taking my suitcase back to his office and completely fixed it for me! It was unexpected and very appreciated, so please ensure this gets to him. Superior service from Uday!

LEGOland: I think we loved seeing all the amazing builds - just mind boggling and so inspiring! We did try the Apple fries and they were good. The rides were a bit disappointing but I'm not sure what we expected, but my boys also aren't into rollercoaster rides, etc, so although they love Ninjago, they both were aversive to the Ninjago ride (plus it's in the dark?). There weren't too many characters roaming the park (if you've ever been to Disney, there are characters ALL OVER). I think our 3 day visit to the park we saw a handful of characters (Nya, Jay, Mummy, Emmett) - I was definitely expecting more photo opps with different characters. DO NOT buy into the Legoland photos that you can get (esp. the character ones). They are not anything fantastic for the price you are paying...AND if you have your phone/camera and ask, the person assisting the character and photographer will take one for you (which will look fairly similar to the ones the photographer takes...so free vs $20-25 US for a photo..??? You decide). The rides (and I don't know their actual names) my boys enjoyed were the Cruise Boat, the boat ride in FairyBrook (?), the self driving lego looking books, and they loved the Deep Sea Adventure so much we went on it multiple times. I didn't really rely on the app for wait times since my kids weren't avid ride-goers, and we like to just wander and see. We also really loved Sea Life! If your littles are looking to trade minifigures, the website states that all minifigures need to have arms, legs, head and accessory. 90% of all the minifigures we saw were not equipped with any accessory - mainly just the minifigure itself, so I don't think it's a hard rule. We forgot our minifigures in our room the first day, and my boys had wanted to trade, and the Model Citizen just gave her two that she had to them, which was really sweet. If you didn't bring any there are also a few places to buy/build minifigures.

BRICK Or TREAT: DO NOT buy into this. I was so disappointed with this, I cannot even describe. Basically, I paid $75 USD (about $108 CDN) to upgrade our day pass to attend this Saturday event. Unlike other halloween events at other attractions we've been to (where almost every ride had treats and was open), this was NOT the case at Legoland. I basically paid a glorified amount of money for treats like rockets, lollipops, etc. There were no 'surprises' other than ONE duplo brick and the lego magazine (which if you child already subscribes, would've already received). The rides that my boys loved were closed, and only the 'bigger' rides were open, so it was pretty disappointing overall. I 100% do not see the value in this event.

If you have the time, go check out South Carlsbad State Beach - it's a nice long beach and the sunset is just great! Plus, great to break up the routine and get in some beach time.

Other places we had time to visit that we loved: La Jolla Tide Pools and the Children's Pool, La Jolla in general, and Scripps Pier. Birch Aquarium was also really neat, especially seeing and learning about Sea Dragons. Recommend taking a drive into Encinitas to visit the Crack Shack and then for Handel's Handmade Ice Cream. Rubio's Coastal Grill also was great for tacos. The view from Woody's Breakfast & Burgers can't be beat - so definitely grab a meal or bevvy there and people watch on the beach or the promenade! They are only open until sunset, not the closing hours stated on Google.

Overall we really enjoyed our San Diego + Legoland trip. We could've used more beach time, but we had a great time. There are so many things to do in the San Diego and surrounding areas, and Legoland is worth a visit! Don't be like me and buy/add on another day for Legoland (i thought we would've needed it). TWO days is more than plenty of time to get your lego fix, esp. if your littles aren't riders like mine!

2  Thank we_wander_3
1LEGOLANDDrive, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND California, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2019

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your recent stay with us here at the LEGOLAND Hotel! We are happy to hear that you and your family had a blast at our resort through the many amenities and activities we provide throughout the resort. We are glad that Uday was able to be a big help in fixing your belongings, we will forward your comment to our management team so that he can get the proper recognition for doing an AWESOME job! We hope to see you and your family back again in the future!

Julz Lozano |Product Excellence Coordinator

Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

I think we've outgrown Legoland with our 7, 10 & 12 year-olds. They enjoyed the Legos more than when they were younger but the rides were geared towards smaller children. Coasters are short and over as soon as they start. We had more fun at SeaWorld and probably won't come back.

2  Thank BringinHomeTheBacon
1LEGOLANDDrive, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND California, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2019

Hi! Thank you for the feedback! We always want to hear from our guests. You may want to check out our new LEGO Movie World when it opens in the spring!

Linda Harding l Guest Experience Managing Team

LEGOLAND California Resort Mobile Available in the App Store or Google play

Reviewed 27 October 2019

Prior to booking our stay we called the 1-8 number to confirm our understanding of how the package worked - room, plus 2 day park hopper, plus brick or treat night. I asked specifically if we arrived on Saturday, could we go to brick or treat and use the two day hopper for Sunday and Monday. Was told no problem. They suggested the $75+ early check in for Saturday before the party to relax. We did that. Five months later, and planning our entire trip around this info (legoland was just one leg, also doing disney), come to find out as we get in to brick or treat that it counts as one of the days - even though we didn’t enter the park till the 5pm party because of the advice of the agent. Now we only have one park day left for two days. The “fix” offered to us was to spend another $90 to add on a day. Won’t be doing that. Or spending a single dollar more here. First visit. Last visit. Save your money and go to Disney - their Halloween party was way better and we are always treated well there.

Hello Rebecca,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience. We appreciate you taking the time to express your concerns regarding your recent visit. We are always interested in hearing from our Guests, but regret the circumstances that prompted your email. Your comments will be shared with the Park's management team for review.

Linda Harding l Guest Experience Managing Team

LEGOLAND California Resort Mobile Available in the App Store or Google play

Reviewed 24 October 2019

Our family loves Legoland and go once or twice a year as it is not near to us (its at least a 2 hour drive), but this was our first year to participate in the famed Brick or Treat nighttime celebration. The kids and I were so excited! While the schedule was packed with lots of shows and we enjoyed seeing the performers on stilts throughout the park, we were all disappointed with the treats being given out. It was all really cheap candy and my kids asked where the chocolate was. Also, some parts of the park were strongly absent of treat stations but the pretzels, yogurt and lego magazine were nice additions to the candy handed out. I noticed that just about all of the employees we interacted with were super friendly and helpful which made for a very pleasant visit. All in all another great family memory.

1  Thank April1113
1LEGOLANDDrive, Guest Relations Manager at LEGOLAND California, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2019

Hello April1113 we are happy to learn that you and you family enjoyed your first Brick Or Treat event. We hope that you received the commemorative LEGO Brick and collectible pop badge during your visit. We are delighted to know that you made great family memories during your time here with us, we do however; sincerely apologize for the disappointment with the candy. We thank you for this 5 star review and we look forward to seeing you all again.

Tamara Thomas| Guest Experience Managing Team | LEGOLAND® California Resort

Reviewed 24 October 2019

Biggest waste of money. Spent over $300 for shut down or closed rides , candy was a joke. Kids got smarties , suckers ,laffy taffy and a mini bag of pretzels. They advertised lots of candy and specialty candy. That was not true at all. Parking was $25 ! It was a 5-9 event unless you paid even more for early entry. Never again. Legoland false advertisement doesn’t look good on you

2  Thank Sharon W

Hello Sharon W we are saddened to learn that your visit was not as enjoyable as anticipated as we want each guest to have a memorable experience. If you would like to share your feedback with us directly, please contact us via our contact page on our website. We do sincerely apologize for any disappointment experienced.

Tamara Thomas| Guest Experience Managing Team | LEGOLAND® California Resort