“Nice Resort”

Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We stayed at the Carlsbad Inn Resort recently for a wedding and were very pleased. The property is right on the ocean. It has a very pretty grounds area which isn't big but is very well manicured and very quaint. There's a small pool ( though it was too cold to swim) and an outdoor hot tub that is set up to where you can see the ocean from there. There were nice fire pits outside that we really enjoyed later in the evening. There is no bar / restaurant on property but there's a Mexican restaurant right next door with a very nice outdoor patio that had the best tacos and a breakfast place right next to it so it was still pretty convenient. The rooms were nice and clean. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Natalia S

Reviewed 13 April 2014

At Carlsbad Inn there is an attitude by the staff and that is to make certain the guests have a great vacation. The crew there is pleasant and quick to respond to your needs. My advice is if you have an issue or something you need help with a call to the front desk is usually all it takes. Our housekeeper (Who did a great job by the way) had forgotten to leave another roll of toilet paper when she cleaned. After the call some was delivered by a smiling houseman within 5 minutes. We also asked for a nonstick griddle for pancakes and it was brought in good time. They work hard at keeping the property updated clean and looking sharp. There is coffee etc. available in the mornings in the main building. The activities staff and the front desk all work to create a pleasant atmosphere. We stayed a week There was a welcome party on Sunday and a Bon Voyage party on Friday. Entertainment was good in fact one of the bands the Johnson Brothers has been playing at the Carlsbad Inn for over 20 years. The grassy area is so relaxing and with the ocean view wow. We like to walk to many of the local restaurants, the village is so nice and quaint. Our favorite restaurant in Carlsbad is Fish House Vera Cruz. The last couple of trips we have started going to Las Olas and Koko Beach and can recommend them both. We have been vacationing at Carlsbad Inn for over 10 years and always look forward to a return trip. We went in August and there were lots of families with wide age ranges from babies to elderly grandparents. The pool is full of children and their families, although there is also an adult only hot tub. (If you are in search of an adults only quiet type resort do not go here when school is out you will be disapointed) The rec room and gym are a nice benefit also. There is beach equipment like chairs boogy boards, umbrellas and sand toys.
LOCATION is the best, and the beach is really nice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BarbequeBakersfield
Reviewed 10 April 2014

What an awesome resort. We had a king suite room 369, the balcony had the best oceanview in the resort . The room had a mini fridge, microwave and a Kuerig coffemaker, Just perfect for keeping our wine and snacks. The room was very spacious and the bathroom had a huge jetted tub with marble surround (a little outdated) But nice if thats what you like. the grounds, pool and hot tub areas were very well maintained. Flowering bushes and shrubs abound. We especially loved sitting at the open fireplaces sipping wine in the evening. We were there for a much needed break fro the snow in the northeast. we weren't disappointed the weather was great. The staff at the resort were all very friendly and helpful. It is a time share facility and as such they also had lots of daily activities you are welcome to attend. we did go to the Karaoke night and had a good time. Carlsbad Inn is right in the heart of the little town and was within walking distance of the shops and restaurants. Quick and easy access to the I-5 Freeway and the Coastal Hwy. I will definitely stay here again and would encourage anyone reading this post to do the same.

Room Tip: ask for an ocean view odd numbered rooms(367, 369 etc)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lo10mt
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was blown away by how beautiful this resort was. The grounds are filled with flowers and ocean views. We stayed in the Oak building- second floor. The room was comfortable (especially the bed) and had everything we needed in the kitchen. We enjoyed eating breakfast on our balcony, watching the waves and feeling the breeze. The resort also had activities, rentals (we borrowed board games for the kids), and plenty of coffee in the morning. The beach was an easy walk across a quiet residential street and down some stairs. This place is truly ideal, so I really wanted to give it 5 stars; however...
the noise from the other rooms is horrendous. If you are a light sleeper, or plan on having a headache, you may want to bring heavy duty earplugs. We could hear everything the people above us AND next to us did: opening and closing doors/drawers/cabinets, walking, running water, flushing toilets, and I'm pretty sure I could hear them thinking at one point. If you stay here, see if you can get the third floor. At least, you won't hear the people above.
Also, the hot water went out one day. I promised my kids a hot bath after playing in the cold ocean and instead tortured them with an icy bath. We had to heat water on the stove for washing faces and doing dishes that day.
Then there were the lights. I love the idea of motion sensor lights to save electricity... until I'm in the bathroom. While using the restroom, I had to wave my arms around every few seconds to remind the bathroom that, "Yes, I'm still here, and my existence DOES matter." I would recommend bringing music into the bathroom with you. If you naturally "raise the roof" or fist-pump while listening, it shouldn't be a problem.
If we had had only one issue, I would have given it 5 stars. The three combined compelled me to give 3 stars though. Sorry Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort. We still had fun!

Room Tip: Ask for third floor in the timeshare area Earplugs!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here recently and loved it. The resort felt like a protected area, it was completely enclosed, and inside the area it was peaceful, quiet, and beautiful. Rooms were great, services were great, all employees were great.

Don't forget to take advantage of all the activities, the activities department is run flawlessly and there is a ton to do!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deric H
Reviewed 20 March 2014

On a recent vacation (our second at this wonderful property), our family had to pack up two days early and leave because I became so ill. There was no fuss at all from the staff, and they offered to send us with whatever we needed in the car. It was a tough trip, but the professionalism and kindness of the staff at Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort was really a blessing to us. My husband and I had visited once before, and were very excited to bring our kids to this fantastic property. It is clean, well-maintained, well-provisioned and right next to the beach. Every employee we have encountered on both vacations has been polite, helpful and friendly. We hope to be able to bring our family back under better circumstances! They were sad to miss Pizza Bingo! :) This property is a wonderful place for families or for a romantic getaway! Definitely a keeper!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank JulieBeeDesigns
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I am Mr. Chang

I use my chase reward yesterday for using here. But the front receptionist and manager truly welcomed us and tenderly help us to set down and use all amenities. When I use my reward, usually many other hotels and inn gave me the lowest room or smell room or first floor room or very cornered room, but Carlsbad inn beach resort gave treat us as regular customer !!

My brother's first son played in pool for almost 2 hours and played in beach for 1 hour then ate dinner and he talked to me " pool pool pool !!! " .....lol and before sleeping he talked to me " Ocean Ocean Ocean !! " ... ha??

Jacuggi is beautiful and romantic and green garden is silent and peaceful.

all steps are so kind

I must come back here definitely !!

P.S. please do not miss free coffee, the taste is fantastic!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family