“Us, Recommitment, the Ocean.”

Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Yesterday was my anniversary and that reminded me of my 10th anniversary a year ago at the Carlsbad Inn.

On the lawn, overlooking the Pacific Ocean, I remarried my friend, partner, the man I love. The setting was perfect, the rooms modern and comfortable and the event staff took gentle care in helping us receive orders, set up caterers, musicians, DJ's, crews there for entertainment. It was truly seamless making a wonderful celebration flow effortlessly from beginning to end. A beautiful summer afternoon of celebration flowed easily into evening as we headed upstairs to the reception hall. We used Wild Thyme catering. They were so good and held it down with us to the bitter end, so we called the next day and tipped them extra! We did the same for the event coordinator at this hotel because of her consistent service. Amazing experience all around.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
GMonthebeach, General Manager at Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi mmgbizgirl,
Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your review. We're honored to have shared that special moment with you and your husband. It is always a pleasure to hear that our staff was able to assist you and help make your day even more special. We hope you come back to visit us soon!
Randal C. Chapin

Reviewed 12 July 2014

I spent a week here alone. I am in an electric wheelchair and got around quite easily. I was not put into a handicapped room as they were all being used but the room I got was ok for me. I am able to walk a step or two. I was able to get into the bathroom and the bedroom and all of the rooms but could not get into the patio due to a high door opening. I was able to get into MOST of the shops in the area and the Daily News café is a great little place. There is also a few restaurants in walking distance. Lots of places to shop and it is a little ways to the beach but I cannot go there. The resort is lovely. Rooms are a bit small but who stays in the rooms all day.
Very nice. The people there were all very hwelpful to me.

Room Tip: I was in a one bedroom and it was good for me. My husband and adult son came to spend one night the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2014

PROS:
- Great location! RIght across the street from the beach!
- Modern looking units
- Various & multiple food/entertainment within walking distance
- Super friendly staff!

CONS:
- Different rules for the "visiting" timeshare guests (in comparison to timeshare residents of Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort)
- Reactive in many instances instead of proactive

Room Tip: Choose a unit on the first floor if you have elderly or disabled individuals traveling in your group...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kykoka7024
Reviewed 5 July 2014

We are a family of my husband and I, my four year old and two year old, and my mother in law. We were pleased with the one bedroom condo. They have been updated since our last stay. We enjoyed the festivities in the day of the 4th of July. Beach was nice with the chairs, umbrella and toys provided. I would not choose this place if I was kid-less. It can be noisy, the bathroom is shower only, and the tv is kinda blurry. But the place is comfortable. Clean. Great location. 400 a night for Carlsbad on holiday weekend was pricey but it was easy.

We will come back

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sherilynn010
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We have owned a condo at this resort for 25 years. Most people trade their week for a different resort, but we have never missed a summer here since we find the Carlsbad Inn to be ideal place for our annual family reunion. The condos are nicely furnished, will a full kitchen (full refrigerator with freezer at the top, dishwasher, microwave, stove, real oven, plates, pots, pans -- everything you need to cook or prepare snacks). There are a few grills at the end of the two condo buildings where you can barbeque.

The resort is located across the street from the beach. Beach chairs, towels and sun umbrellas can be checked out by guests. The ocean is fairly warm and the water clean. We usually see schools of dolphins swimming past at least once every year.

Our unit is one of a few that sleep 6 adults. It has a bedroom with a king bed, a sofa bed in the living room, and a Murphy (pull-down) bed that can be isolated via a large curtain that draws across the large living room. The unit has a balcony that overlooks the green and that has an ocean view in the distance through the transparent wall around the back of the resort. The condo bathrooms were just remodeled this year (2014) and each one has a fireplace.

My fave activity is relaxing in the fabulous hot tub. It's therapeutic, with strong water jets and lots of room to sit and soak. There is a separate hot tub for children near the swimming pool.

There are three fire pits on the green, and on one or more evenings each week, there is live music for a few hours on the green. There are activities for kids and adults everyday of the week.

There is a well-equipped gym with sauna. You can borrow a bike for the day. There is free parking for guests in the underground garage. Restaurants and shops are nearby.

Part of the Carlsbad Inn is also a hotel (no kitchens or living room in the hotel rooms). Staff is friendly and helpful.

Staying at the Carlsbad Inn has been a fun and exciting highlight for our whole family every single year!

4  Thank BFun
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I've owned a timeshare here for > 25 years but mostly exchange it out. One of the nice things about the resort is that they keep it well maintained and recently refurbished the units and landscaping so it always looks nice. The staff is very helpful and there are nice restaurants and shops nearby. I love to take the train from here to San Diego and wander around there too.

The wifi has been frustrating because log-in is required frequently.

Room Tip: All condo units are located well with second-story ones having balconies with view of the courtyard.
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here 3 nights and found it to be a great place for us, including our kids who are 10 and 14. They have lots of activities for families.

The staff were super accommodating and nice and the hotel is clean and close to many restaurants. The property is also patrolled by security and the covered parking garage was a plus.

Our first night we stayed in a non-ocean view room that had traffic noise from busy 101 (loud motorcycles). The air conditioner, however, drowned out the noise just fine. The next 2 nights, we had an ocean view room which was bigger and had a deck with a fantastic view of the ocean (in my opinion, well worth the extra money). We slept with our sliding glass door open and could really hear the crashing waves during the night It also overlooked the pool area which was generally busy with kids which could be annoying to someone looking for a quieter experience.

A big plus was the beach cabana that is run by the hotel. It has chairs, umbrellas, beach toys, and boggie boards that can be checked out. The first day we went there around 2 p.m. and I figured there was no way we were going to get anything. Much to my surprise, the hotel has 2 chairs, 2 boogie boards, an umbrella, and beach toys for EACH room. Last but not least, the beach was great (perfect waves for boggie boarding, clean, lots of families, etc.).

4  Thank OscarColorado