“Love this place!”

and 1 more site!
Ocean Palms Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I love visiting the grounds here. It's always very clean and the staff are nice. Great location too. I wish the weather was better when I was there so I could have used the pool.

Room Tip: Call ahead!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Carl S

Reviewed 6 April 2012

I spent two nights in CarlsbD with my three kids and decided to extend our stay one more night. We called and spoke with Greg and he had a room ready for us immediately. When we first checked in we were given a room that had not yet been remodeled, I went up to see if they had any other rooms available and Barrybthe owner immediately moved us to a brand new one bedroom suite. It was beautiful inside, and it gave me some ideas for remodeling my bathroom (loved the greens, the tile, and the dolphin faucet!). The kids and I spent some time at the beach then walked to Norte for a late lunch, early dinner. We came back and they swam while I enjoyed lounging and reading. We made sure to take some pictures by the tiki trees and the beautiful gardens. Thank you for ending our vacation on a positive note. We look forward to visiting again!

Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank Dawn M
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Very nice resort located on the beach right in Carlsbad Village. I lived in Carlsbad for 12 years so I knew this was a great location before hand. Suite was furnished nicely with modern appliances. The inner courtyard is very cool... lots of BBQ grills, fire pits, heated swimming pool and hot tub. Beach is just steps away. Greg at the front desk went out of his way to make our stay the best it could be. I would definitely book here again.

5  Thank Brian M
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I live in Carlsbad and have found when my spouse asks me where I want to go for a getaway, I have often said Ocean Palms Beach Resort. It's a lovely resort property, unlike any conventional chain hotel, and it's right here in Carlsbad. It's steps from the sea, has a dog-friendly policy (We have brought our long-haired Chihuahuas here virtually all of our stays and they enjoy it as much as we do, I think.) I selected a stay at Ocean Palms Beach Resort as my birthday present in January. Pleasant memories remain even now, in late March!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid of rooms overlooking the pool; this place is nice and quiet. People who say here...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Holly_Jocoy
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The flower fields were a wonderful thing to see. The beaches are beautiful at sunset and it is close to a lot of places and activities, night life, entertainment. It is far enough from downtown San Diego to still feel a little small town. This is a great place to stay right by the beach. Many things you can walk to.

6  Thank rodger s
Reviewed 22 March 2012

Ocean Palms keeps calling us back--we've stayed there several times over the past couple of years. The location is ideal. You won't see the ocean from your room because the hotel is across a small street from the beach-front properties, but you will be only a 30 second walk to the stairs leading down to the beach.

The interior courtyards and pool area are always immaculate with lush landscaping and tall palms. The pool was comfortably warm even though the air temp was in the 60s most days.

We stayed in a luxury 2-bedroom suite with a full kitchen. The room was remodeled some years ago and shows a little wear and tear (stain on the carpet, nicks on furniture), but nothing extreme. The queen-size beds were comfortable, however the sofa bed is good for kids only.

During our stay we experienced only minor problems--a clogged toilet the first day was quickly fixed, a malfunctioning thermostat on the heater/cooler (it would heat or cool but not shut off) was annoying but fortunately it did not get that cold at night so we didn't have to leave it on. I think the maids missed us one day, but all we needed were some clean towels and a quick walk to the office solved that. The small store in the office had empty cooler compartments--I think they used to stock it better.

If you're thinking "resort" as in lots of extra amenities and on-site services this is not perhaps your cup of tea, but if you would like a comfortable, convenient, and somewhat laid-back place to stay you will enjoy the Ocean Palms Beach Resort.

Room Tip: Reviews of non-remodeled standard rooms don't seem to be as favorable but they are less expensiv...
4  Thank ABQRealtor
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We stayed there for a few days at the beginning of the year and really loved it. The weather there is always pretty decent so it made for a great stay. The rooms are a good size and newly remodeled.

Room Tip: just ask for one of the new rooms, much nicer!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends