“Best value in Carlsbad”

Ocean Palms Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Reviewed 28 April 2012

After staying at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort for well over 50 years, it just keeps getting better and better. Having been in the Travel Industry for 25 years, traveling to all seven continents and over 170 countries, I still go back again and again. Owner Barry Blue is continuously transforming this quiet, hide-away into an oasis of tropical vegitation and solitude with incredable
value. Great location, friendly staff and owners that always go out of there way to make your stay as perfect as possible.
Burk.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank burk w
There are newer reviews for Ocean Palms Beach Resort

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had a great time staying at the Ocean Palms in Carlsbad. My girlfriend and I stayed there last summer . We had a blast. . We spent a great deal of time on the beach the location is fabulous and just steps away from the beach. The staff was so helpful and courtesy. They gave us great recommendations of places to have dinner and go to fun places for dancing. Everywhere we went was in walking distance. We met the owner of the hotel Barry Blue and he was so friendly and so hands on .This hotel is very well managed. My girlfriend Debbie and I are going to stay at this hotel again this summer. I can't wait a great hotel ,great location, and an absolutely wonderful friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Carlsbad.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tricia P
Reviewed 26 April 2012

My husband and I first found Ocean Palms a few years ago. We were on a day trip exploring Carlsbad. For our next visit to the area I decided to book a room there. We stayed in a luxury mini-suite. It was wonderful, perfect for a romantic weekend. We visited again this year and stayed in one of the new luxury one bedroom suites. Amazing! This room was just beautiful. Tile floors, granite and stainless steel kitchen and luxury bathroom.
This is not like a regular hotel with boring cookie cutter rooms and cheap furniture. Obviously a lot of care has been put into the décor and furnishing. The grounds are so pretty. Palm trees and flowers everywhere. In the evening we like sit by the fire-pits and enjoy a glass of wine.
The front desk staff are always so accommodating. Tina, Heidi, Todd and Greg, I think. I can think of nowhere else I’d like to stay when visiting SoCal. The only negative thing about Ocean Palms is having to leave! Can’t wait to visit again this summer.

Room Tip: Call the front desk staff. They'll help find the best type of room for your stay. Definitely wo...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jordan K
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Greg was extremely accommodating and helpful when we wanted to upgrade. Furnishings were beautiful, suite was a good size, loved the dutch door. Used the fire pits at night great for conversation. We will definitely will come again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Kelli L
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The staff was so helpful and accommodating to my family and me while we stayed here during the Carlsbad 5000. Their great service allowed me to enjoy the festivities with my family with barely a break in the day. Thanks!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank MaryG437_12
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I love visiting the grounds here. It's always very clean and the staff are nice. Great location too. I wish the weather was better when I was there so I could have used the pool.

Room Tip: Call ahead!!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Carl S
Reviewed 6 April 2012

I spent two nights in CarlsbD with my three kids and decided to extend our stay one more night. We called and spoke with Greg and he had a room ready for us immediately. When we first checked in we were given a room that had not yet been remodeled, I went up to see if they had any other rooms available and Barrybthe owner immediately moved us to a brand new one bedroom suite. It was beautiful inside, and it gave me some ideas for remodeling my bathroom (loved the greens, the tile, and the dolphin faucet!). The kids and I spent some time at the beach then walked to Norte for a late lunch, early dinner. We came back and they swam while I enjoyed lounging and reading. We made sure to take some pictures by the tiki trees and the beautiful gardens. Thank you for ending our vacation on a positive note. We look forward to visiting again!

Stayed: April 2012