“Beautiful Rooms Great Location”

Ocean Palms Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
San Bernardino, California
“Beautiful Rooms Great Location”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The rooms were amazing. The location was the best. It's pricey but you will get what you pay for. The staff was very cool ! We had no problems overall. This is an awesome place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joshua A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
San Bernardino, California
Reviewed 7 May 2012

This weekend my wife and I wanted to get away for her Big 50 birthday and I remembered my cousins daughter got married here a few years ago and It was so romantic, The tropical landscape and flowers are so beautiful and the tiki palm carvings are so cool.THIS is where I want to take my wife for a romantic getaway.
So we arrived Friday afternoon Heidi at the lobby check in was so nice and very helpful,
We got our room upstairs room 210 everything was so clean looks like they just remodeled huge shower and with Three heads , I like mine hot and she likes hers cooler perfect!! they even had a Jacuzzi tub in the room too. full kitchen next time we will bring our steaks and bbq right their.
Anyway,after the sunset walk on the beach we back and they turned on the fire pits and fire place and landscape lighting. REALLY NICE.
We didn't need the car once we arrived everything we wanted was in walking distance such as romantic sunset , good food and my wife loved all the shops rolling eyes oh well its her Bday. Sunday came to fast we really enjoyed our stay and look forward to doing it again.
Thank You!!

Room Tip: The rooms all looked special just depends on what you want.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mike A
Central Arizona, Arizona
Reviewed 4 May 2012

I visit Carlsbad very often and love to stay close to the beach. I like to stay at Ocean Palms resort because I can park my car and walk where ever I want to go. The resort is steps to the beach, and walking distance to shops and restaurants, including the village. The staff ay the resort are friendly and helpful! The rooms are very clean. i stayed in the lux mini suite, it had all the amenities including a full kitchen (with utensils), and a jet tub. Although I didnt use the pool/hot tub, the surroundings are very inviting with an Hawaiian theme and lots of colorful flowers. There is also a work-out room, and firepits in the evening. I would highly recommend the resort!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank explorer9180
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 May 2012

We stayed for about a week and it was a great experience. The resort is great and really close to things, especially the beach! great summer fun! I would recommend it !

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank sarah j
Escondido
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I've stayed at the Ocean Palms before so when my friends were coming in from out of town my Husband and I thought it would be wonderful to rent a room for them. We were in town so we walked in and talked to Heidi. She was very helpful and we booked the room immediately knowing they would love it. We took them to the room when they arrived in town and they were so excited. They were amazed at how close it was to the beach. I love the fact that the hotel is within walking distance to restaurants and shops. We all went dinner then went for a walk on the beach. Thanks to Ocean Palms and Heidi for making our guests have a wonderful experience. We're already taking about when we all can stay there next!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank sstarlight
mesa
Reviewed 28 April 2012

After staying at the Ocean Palms Beach Resort for well over 50 years, it just keeps getting better and better. Having been in the Travel Industry for 25 years, traveling to all seven continents and over 170 countries, I still go back again and again. Owner Barry Blue is continuously transforming this quiet, hide-away into an oasis of tropical vegitation and solitude with incredable
value. Great location, friendly staff and owners that always go out of there way to make your stay as perfect as possible.
Burk.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank burk w
San Diego
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I had a great time staying at the Ocean Palms in Carlsbad. My girlfriend and I stayed there last summer . We had a blast. . We spent a great deal of time on the beach the location is fabulous and just steps away from the beach. The staff was so helpful and courtesy. They gave us great recommendations of places to have dinner and go to fun places for dancing. Everywhere we went was in walking distance. We met the owner of the hotel Barry Blue and he was so friendly and so hands on .This hotel is very well managed. My girlfriend Debbie and I are going to stay at this hotel again this summer. I can't wait a great hotel ,great location, and an absolutely wonderful friendly staff. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Carlsbad.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends