“I'd give it 100 stars if I could!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Ocean Palms Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Carlsbad
Dallas, Texas
“I'd give it 100 stars if I could!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

Wow. Just... Wow. Just returned from a weekend at Ocean Palms Beach Resort, and I don't know where to begin! Truly amazing. From the first phone call when I spoke with Tina, until the ease of checkout with Miles, and everything in between was perfect. The room was beautiful, nice clean white linens, several different pillows, big windows, stainless fridge and granite countertops in the full kitchen. The grounds were lush and green, and well manicured. The people working the front desk were smiley and happy. And eager to help. There was always fresh baked cookies and hot coffee ready. The beach is across the alley, with stairs leading into the sand. And the beach is clean and beautiful. Be sure to catch a sunset out there! Just amazing. The hotel is also close to the village, so lots of restaurants to walk to. I can't wait to go back! I will send my family to stay there, and any friends, anyone who wants a beautiful time in Carlsbad for a great price:)
Also, about a mile down the road, there's a crazy good breakfast place called Beach Break... OMGOSH!! Soooo yummy!! And you HAVE to try the coffee cake!! You are welcome!! Ha!!

• Stayed February 2013
6 Thank kell w

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Franklin, Tn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

My wife usually finds us a place to stay when we travel and she almost always does her research. We stayed at Ocean Palms. I was very impressed with her selection. The unit we rented was immaculate and spacious. I really liked the Dutch door and the kitchen area. We were able to ask friends over for a visit and I enjoyed being able to use the guest gas grill. We were able to enjoy the outside area with the palm trees and outdoor guest fireplace. With the beach just across the street, we took a very short walk down to the ocean and enjoy our surroundings. This place was also convenient, walking distance, to stores and restaurants. What a great choice, we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank franklindreamer
The Colony, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

This was my first time to the San Diego area and albeit I was in Carlsbad for business, my cozy beach cottage made it feel more like a vacation! My business partner booked my hotel accommodations on my behalf so I had no idea what to expect. When I arrived, it was dark, but I could tell it was very tropical! I was a tad underwhelmed with my room, so when I went to inquire about the internet connectivity, I was conversing with the hotel staff and they upgraded me to a WONDERFUL mini suite with granite countertops, an amazing shower and a Jacuzzi hot tub! I was blown away by the staff's friendliness and the hotel accommodations. LOVED the fire pits and the pool. This truly was a Hawaiian resort on the CA coast. HIGHLY recommend this resort for pleasure, extended stay, or business travel.
Shelli D.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank Shelli D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2013

We had a 5 month stay at this wonderful place like being in Hawaii,but in Carlsbad, California. So very sad to leave!!!! The best of all is the owner, Barry Blue with his warmth, sincere ness and hospitable manner. Also, his management team was devoted to make sure the quests had a very positive experience. The 2 Ocean Palms doggies Pookie and PooBear also welcomes the quests. Less than 100 feet from the ocean gave this place a tropical peaceful flare. Amenities included FREE coffee, fresh fruit, Danishes, and fresh oven-baked cookies. The list continues with a heated oversized pool with changing lights in the evening hours. The jacuzzi was hot, clean, and delightful. Flowers everywhere you looked and changed frequently. So much attention to detail. Plants, palm trees,remarkable vegetation makes one feel so close and cozy with natural beauty. Hand carved tiki trees hidden in this tropical forest . To add to one's enjoyment, fire pits to warm you in the evening. Finally, you get To feel like family and can't wait to return to this boutique hotel, AHOLA

• Stayed January 2013
6 Thank Barrieleiter
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2013

The last few years we have met our sons in Carlsbad for Christmas week. It is not Hawaii but for those of us from the frozen Northwest walking on the beach, in the sun no less, on Christmas day is wonderful.
We've stayed a few places in Carlsbad, so far all of them nice, but this was a great stay right across the street from the beach for what I think is a great price. They have done a good job of updating an older resort. Our unit had a kitchen which I think is a big plus. And the staff could not have been nicer. It is clean, has nice grounds, a pool, hot tub, and gas fired fire pits which were great even in December. From here you can walk anywhere in town.
There aren't many downsides that I can think of. The bathroom was tiny and the shower was even smaller. If this bothers you ask for a unit with a new bathroom when you make reservations.The kitchen had a full sized range and fridge. I'd suggest that a half sized fridge would have been plenty.
We'll go back next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper, people go here to have a good time, and some rooms...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jon K
LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2013

My wife and I have been visiting OPBR for several years now. We go during the off season - the prices are cheaper, and once you've visited they send you coupons with 20-40% off. The rooms are very nice, some remodeled others in the process. Each room has a kitchen for meal savings, and the beach and sunsets is across the street and down the steps. There are restaurants within waking distance.

Room Tip: You can get the smaller studio's (including a kitchen) for as little as $99 a night during off s...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kidb
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

I have stayed at the Ocean Beach resort a couple times and have enjoyed myself every time. The location is perfect to walk to dinner and have a little night dance. My wife and I appreciate the room service and fire pits to BBQ next to.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple